C6 vette install, lots of pics.

Very clean work there my friend. Having a velocity yellow C6 myself, I would never do that to the car. Every vehicle I own has a system in it but that is one car I believe should be left alone. only my opinion of course. I do like how you mimicked the "waterfall" of the C5 convertible though. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Great car, great build quality, but would have gotten much better equipment. I'm not sure why people think JL equipment has such great sound quality. Most decent subwoofers can sound wayyyyy better as far as SQ and loudness. I guess it's because aesthetically, JL equipment looks SQ oriented. Most people associate clean looks with clean sound. Not the case.
Great job on the install though, looks amazing.
ur completely wrong.

Jl is one of the best brands u can buy.

They might be expensive but if u have the money, might as well get one of the best.

Im not saying there isnt better out there but they have very quality products and they have great sq.

Nice install man. very clean car..

I love eating zo6's in my evo MR //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

06 Evo MR 35k

08 Vette ZO6 - 75k?

Face on the look of the guy in the vette when a little import car takes on him- Pricelessss //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

That is an awesome install, but not sure how I would like the sound of it. So in your honest opinion, how does it sound?
Love the car, install and Quad!

I have seen and sat in this car and I can say it sounds amazing! And for a DIY'er he did a wonderful job and looks even better in person than in the pics.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Great car, great build quality, but would have gotten much better equipment. I'm not sure why people think JL equipment has such great sound quality. Most decent subwoofers can sound wayyyyy better as far as SQ and loudness. I guess it's because aesthetically, JL equipment looks SQ oriented. Most people associate clean looks with clean sound. Not the case.
Loudness and sound quality aren't related. If you knew what accuracy was you would realize that JL puts out GREAT SQ subs. Not a huge fan of their mid level speakers but the ZRs are very good as well. Their amps are amps. If you don't like JL gear, or more usually can't afford it, quit crying and get over it. Many people do like it and with good reason.

Great job on the install though, looks amazing.
THAT I'll agree wholeheartedly with. Beautiful work, simply beautiful.

Installation is nice, although the yellow theme is a bit much. The amp rack is nice, but it doesn't flow well. What is the point in leaving 3 inches of trunk space? mind as well extend the amp rack for a more seamless installation.
I needed a little trunk for lawn chairs, icebox, etc. The top of the vette snaps in over the back part of the amps all the way to the back of the trunk if you like the seamless look.

Where in Oklahoma?
Newcastle, south of OKC

One thing though, Auto FTL //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
The six speed paddle shift is awesome, I love down shifting and listening to my GHL exhaust system, then when I want it in auto mode just shift it back, The best of both worlds.

Very clean work there my friend. Having a velocity yellow C6 myself, I would never do that to the car. Every vehicle I own has a system in it but that is one car I believe should be left alone. only my opinion of course. I do like how you mimicked the "waterfall" of the C5 convertible though. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Thanks, To me a stock car is just the donor. I had the wheels, and exhaust system before I had the car. All my cars are modified, it is an addiction

I have seen and sat in this car and I can say it sounds amazing! And for a DIY'er he did a wonderful job and looks even better in person than in the pics.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Thanks Jowens500 and nice visiting with you the other day and you are doing some killer stuff in your shop.

I really like the sound and with Alpine Imprint system it makes the sound stage fell like it is coming from the front windshield. I really like the JL ZRs, they are not as bright as the Focals and as all music it is a preference. I have the base knob connected to 500-1 so I can adjust the base up and down easily depending on what type of music that I am listing to. The C5 rears are mainly used for rear feel when the top is off. I am always a little surprise at the JL haters and wonder if they have only heard the JL cheap stuff.I feel allot of the sound quality is coming from how much sound deading that I put in, that alone took @ 40 hours.

Here is some pics with the roof in back. I design the curve of the speaker box to match the front curve of roof.

rear2.jpg

rear3.jpg

rear.jpg

The car straight home from the dealership on jack stands ready to start modifying.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

r.jpg

It was very nice to finally get to meet you too. You are welcome to come by the shop anytime any shoot the sheit! We are getting a little closer on the F-150. Got the box and 3 woofers in today and the radio in the dash. Got the old school Chevy truck done and ready to deliver. Still gotta get going on the Prelude and have 2 other decent sized jobs scheduled. So I got to get off my arse and get to work!!! But it's soooo hotttt.......

I never said SQ and loudness are related. Learn to read. JL's equipment is decent at best as far as performance. The only thing they have going for them is look and build quality. They cost a ridiculous amount and look good, so people just assume they sound great. I could make a great number of subwoofers annihilate most JL installs for a fraction of the price. SQ is dependent very little on the sub itself. If you truly think JL has great sounding drivers, you have never heard a good SQ setup.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Originally Posted by jowens500 View Post

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Below me.

Jowens500, it is best just to ignore the young and stupid that think they know it all.

He is 16 and you have over 17 years experience in installs enough said.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

smooth72

10+ year member
smooth72
Newcastle, Oklahoma
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from