C6 vette install, lots of pics.

Beautiful install for sure. Maybe I missed it but what speakers did you throw in the doors? Awesome work on the amp rack/sub box. Did all the rest of the interior trim come in that yellow or did you paint it to match? Certainly a kick ass system for a kick ass car.

One thing though, Auto FTL //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Oh and what kinda of quad is that in the second picture? Looks a lot like my dad's 86 Honda TRX250R
The door speakers are JL ZR 650CSI. All the interior yellow I sanded, filled and primed then had some one spray color. The w505 head unit I molded in to look stock. On the amp rack I was going for the water fall look that the convertible have. The best complement I have had is for someone ask if it was a factory option. I have hundreds of hours in it. Good Eye on the Quad it is an 87 model. That I have rebuilt several times. It has a ported 310 kit on it

170158trx2005-1.jpg

Yea I had totally forgotten on how the convertables had done it, now that you mention it then you sure did good. I can only imagine all the work in it, specially with all the dash pieces. Sweet to see someone working on their own cars too, specially a vette. You certainly don't seem like the typical vette guy lol, they usually shelling out to get custom stuff done, IF they even touch anything on the car lol.

That sure is a sweet quad, I thought it looked familiar lol. The one my dad has never gets ridden. He bought it brand new and it has maybe 100hours on it and is 100% stock and looks like it just got taken off the show room floor.

Looks great! Question, what did you use to stick that luxury liner vertically like that? Thats pretty heavy stuff and i'm wondering what will be strong enough to hold it in place.

I'm offering TWO THOUSAND dollars right now for the car //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Nice install, really clean.

Looks great! Question, what did you use to stick that luxury liner vertically like that? Thats pretty heavy stuff and i'm wondering what will be strong enough to hold it in place.
Second skin sales some great spray adhesive. It is a contact glue style that you have to spray both the area you are gluing to and on the item your gluing once together and dried you would have a hard time getting it back off.

That sure is a sweet quad, I thought it looked familiar lol. The one my dad has never gets ridden. He bought it brand new and it has maybe 100hours on it and is 100% stock and looks like it just got taken off the show room floor.
You might want to see if you can talk him out of it, if it extremely clean it may be worth more than you think.

Installation is nice, although the yellow theme is a bit much. The amp rack is nice, but it doesn't flow well. What is the point in leaving 3 inches of trunk space? mind as well extend the amp rack for a more seamless installation.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

smooth72

10+ year member
smooth72
Newcastle, Oklahoma
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from