Buzzing issue coming from oem headunit?

Participant count
  • Participants list

Devzx

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello, This is my first post and I know a lot of people post about noise issues but reading through them I cannot seem to find the exact source. Car is an 2018 Chevy Cruze LT without a factory amp so I’ve used a t harness in the back of the radio with 8 pairs of wires running into the trunk(speaker inputs/outputs. I connected the wires into my lc7i and rca outputs into my 4 channel and mono. Mono sub amp does not have any noise as the Low pass gets rid of it.
the 4 channel is making a static noise at all times with the car on or off before I start playing music, when the car is on and I hit play on Bluetooth/usb/aux it makes abuzzing noise. It sometimes varies when it starts and stops buzzing but mostly constant. Doesn’t change with rpm, tried moving amp grounds ausing a ground loop isolator, and even used another amp with no success. Battery is in trunk and grounded directly to negative.
Now when I plug my phone directly to the amp I don’t hear the buzzing, I tried connecting speaker wires to high level inputs and same buzzing.
So seems as if it is coming from either the wires going back to the t harness? Could it just be that the radio puts out a lot of noise on the speaker outputs? Could it be some sort of interference that is causing this? What should be my next step?

Why are you using a T-harness instead of just running the speaker level outputs from your HU to the LC7i, Pre-amps from LC7i to Amp, then speaker level from amp back to your speakers?

My gut is saying something is wrong with those T-harnesses or your HU doesn't like the split with the T-harness causing some sort of load or feedback issue.

It sounds like your your getting some type of ground loop interference. Unibody vehicles are notorious for bad grounds . I always pull an extra ground lead along with the positive lead direct from the battery . Then I upgrade power leads to alternator and beef up grounding under the hood by securing larger battery grounds to body and engine block block.

It sounds like your your getting some type of ground loop interference. Unibody vehicles are notorious for bad grounds . I always pull an extra ground lead along with the positive lead direct from the battery . Then I upgrade power leads to alternator and beef up grounding under the hood by securing larger battery grounds to body and engine block block.

Wouldn't a ground loop be RPM dependant though?

Maybe ground the stereo ? I had this problem once just used a piece of speaker wire from a screw on my deck wrapped around the RCA jack or something

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.