Installation guide on sound quality

Rajey03

CarAudio.com Newbie
Jan 16, 2020
Malaysia
Hi experts i need help and guru advise here.
I am using alpine cde150e HU and focal components and subwoofer....how am i gonna run the whole system on a 3 channel soundstream amp?

I know 2 channel would be for speakers
1 channel for subs.

How to run the tweeters ? Since all 3 channels is powered up by speakers n sub.

Please help.

Louisiana_CRX

dem shoes......
10+ year member
Aug 22, 2006
Piney Hills of Louisiana
Hi experts i need help and guru advise here.
I am using alpine cde150e HU and focal components and subwoofer....how am i gonna run the whole system on a 3 channel soundstream amp?

I know 2 channel would be for speakers
1 channel for subs.

How to run the tweeters ? Since all 3 channels is powered up by speakers n sub.

Please help.
I assume your using the mini Soundstream 3ch I just put one in the center console of my 80 Trans Am it fit perfect . Anyway your question the Focal components come with a passive crossover that divides the channels between the mids and tweeters you’d run the speaker leads to the inputs of the crossovers .. the crossover sends the right frequency to the speakers .
I hope this helps

OP
R

Rajey03

CarAudio.com Newbie
Jan 16, 2020
Malaysia
Thank you Crx for ur advise.i am clear with ur info now and will do exactly the same pair the amp with passive crossover and it will do the job with highd and lows.

OP
R

Rajey03

CarAudio.com Newbie
Jan 16, 2020
Malaysia
Is it true 3 channel amp is always way better then a 4 channel amp? I have never run on this set up before.

Louisiana_CRX

dem shoes......
10+ year member
Aug 22, 2006
Piney Hills of Louisiana
Is it true 3 channel amp is always way better then a 4 channel amp? I have never run on this set up before.
They are not necessarily better but can sometimes fit your application better . Usually in most 4 chs the rear 4 chs can only be bridged to run a 4 ohm Mono load for maximum subwoofer power in your 3ch the rear channels can run a 2 ohm Mono load for maximum power so two 4 ohm woofers wired together for max power or a single dual 2 ohm subwoofer wired properly

OP
R

Rajey03

CarAudio.com Newbie
Jan 16, 2020
Malaysia
Ic.i got greater explanation from you.thanks buddy.anyway my car is compact car without a bigger boot space.so is bettee for me to use a 8 inch sub or 10 inch which will sound greater.current my sub is 10 inch but an after market item.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest posts

Trending topics

Latest classifieds