building new box for my DD

i want a little more SPL it did 137 or 138 sealed and i want to hit 140 sealed legal it scored 147 outlaw so it has the potential to get louder i know it.

Your box is more then likely crazy for daily I would imagine. Should get loud and loud. If you want numbers though play with tuning. You can go down to about 5ft3 but not much reason for it.

What type of ports are you using?

If you want the full spl potential of that sub tune to 40hz and some more power would help dd subs like power. My 3518 liked 2000-2500. Also pics of the box.

You're only going to get so far with 1000 watts and that particular subwoofer.

As stated before tune higher if you want #'s. If you want it loud and low you got to have juice

this is pic that was asked for. its does pretty good but i guess ill have to save up for a new amp.. is there any particular amp this sub shines on?

Build the same enclosure. Switch to a 6" areo port. That way you can just swap ports for SPL and Daily tuning.
does aero ports have a different sound than slot? it will be a few weeks before i can get to building a new box between my dads shop being worked on and my college schedule being so hectic.

well when i got it metered i was having trouble getting my port wall to stop breaking ******* screws.. so it was rattling taking off DBs i think i got it secured a little better now so i will prob get it re metered to see if i got any gains from it.. my friends said it went from being loud to shaking the ground when i played it.. its def crazy on daily i think atleast.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.