Building Custom Subwoofer

Participant count
  • Participants list

SubaruxDriver

CarAudio.com Newbie
NY
Longtime lurker here. Hoping someone has some info that will point me in the right direction.

My goal: Purchase all the individual components of a subwoofer (motor, basket, voice coil, cone...etc) and build something nobody else has.

My issue: Other than a few sites selling certain parts, or trying to pickup blown subs/recone kits, I can't find a reliable source for buying the individual pieces. This makes it very difficult to piece together multiple subs that are the same.

Does anyone know of good places to pickup parts? I know places like FI have their own CNC machines and build things in house, but where do people pickup parts who don't build them in house? I know there used to be subwooferparts.com, but I believe they are out of business now. Any info or guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks for the reply. I found them before, but their selection/availability wasn't quite what I was looking for. For example, I wanted a 12 spoke 18" basket. Also, the availability on the some of the motors wasn't great.

Definitely an option for some pieces, but was hoping there was a place that had for example 20 basket options for each size. Not even sure if that exists.

china.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.