Building an all-in-one box

bebealex

Hello,

Here comes the boom

Projet intégrateur of Secondary 5 (QC)

I wish, install a radio, a box .. I do not know how to name my idea!

So I present:

-using automotive components

-branchable on a 120v outlet

-containing a subwoofer 10-12inches without exploding watts

integrate a set-tweet / midrange (TBD)

-audio source will be a radio car (connection required: AUX)

I saw the concept like this.

-Fiber-pine 1 "

-components, not too expensive and powerful

For the box, speaker subwoofer also contain sub's amp, the audio source and the amplifier. Tweets and mediums will be on a smaller box on the topof the big one, the wires pass through holes in the rear. (I was afraid that the smaller speakers didnt resist by the pressure generated by the subwoofer if they were in the same box).

For speakers, I thought to connect the tweets and mids on a car radio with small amps (56watts) to save on a real amp). The sub is powered by a specific real amp for subs.

For power ... As I said I use automotive components ... I need help to be able to plug everything into a power house! (converter?)

The subject seems viable?

Is there somes clarifications needed?

Basically I posted here for help with connections and components ...

Sorry for the triple post the school computers randomly planting I hesitated to write a tool long post.

I did understand one thing: correct OP, you would not want the woofer(s) and mid-drivers in the same/shared chamber of an enclosure, the pressure of the woofer will more than likely effect the mid-drivers. How much power do you plan to run and just how "loud" are you looking for this to be though? Simple enough though, just a divider in the enclosure is needed.

Yeah if you are going to run them all in one enclosure make sure you keep the woofer chamber separated from the mids chamber. As for power, I know you can use converter and even PC power supplies but you will probably be better off buying home audio amps plus it will be safer.

You can use simple DC power supplies to power your amplifiers. You need to tell us how much power you want to run though.
I agree, but I would add a small battery to ensure you have enough of an electrical setup.

If you build it in a separated chambered enclosure the you will far better off. Put all the electrical in on area and just run the power cable for the power supply out the back or side to plug in.

If you use a computer power supply, you can mount an On/Off switch to the enclosure that can turn the power supply/amps on and off while keeping the power cord plugged in.

If you use a computer power supply, you can mount an On/Off switch to the enclosure that can turn the power supply/amps on and off while keeping the power cord plugged in.
I don't think those will be large enough. There are several power supplies out there that use a switch for "on/off" operation. That would be a simple as relocating that switch.

Could also use a power/ground power plug and just leave the power supply outside of the enclosure.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.