Does the length of the port have anything to do with the performance/ sound of sub

Participant count
  • Participant list

Nick32194

I have reacently purchased two DB Drive K9 15's and I am building a new enclosure for them. However I have run into some problems with trying to calculate and balance the amount of specified 38 htz. and an internal box volume of 2.66 ft3. I was needing to know if i could sacrifice the length of the port in order to come to an equilibrium. Specified port lenght is 19 inches long.

Any help on how to manipulate this is much appreciated.

You are going to need around 5 Cubes for the pair, not including port area, which is going to be around 16 Sq Inches per cubic foot. How much room do you have overall?

40w 24d 14.5h subs up port to drivers side 14.5h 7w length will need to be calculated for desired tuning. This with get loud and port to drivers side will help extend the lowered.

I'm guessing the 40w is wheel wells so the port should have breathing room on the side. You will also need some type of bracing between the subs a 2x4 or a large dowel 1 1/2 diameter.

I have been tryin to use the RE box calculator to gauge this enclosure. But I cant seem to get the Volume, Port size, and still be able to fit my subs and keep within the confines of space that i have.

Use Torres box calc, much more user friendly and gives detailed readouts of all the stuff you need to know. I was thinking about 2 15s in my 97 4runner, but couldn't get it in there below the window line.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.