Build my substage!

maldecido33
10+ year member

MSEE
Lubbock, TX
I'm having trouble finding a substage that conforms to my requirements and standards.

I want a LOUD sub stage that will impress when listening to your average rap/bass heavy song. However, it better be very musical to country, rock, old rock, etc.

I've got a kicker zx1000.1, so build around it if possible, but I'm very open to other suggestions.

My requirements are:

2.4 Cubes GROSS

So, please recommend me a sub(s), amp (if your deter from my zx1000.1), and rough box specs (IE. 2 cubes sealed, or 1.4 cubes @ 32 Hz).

I appreciate it fellas //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Edit: No REAL budget; just nothing insane.

youll have to search for a good sub that is only 6" and if and when you find it, depending on its specks , you can decide how many you need.

You can't have your cake and eat it too.

You want LOUD with a 12" with shallow mounting in a sealed box on 1000 watts? That setup could easily sound good, but it probably won't get very loud doing it.

if you can get an extra .5" you could fit an FI SSD 12" ported

If you cant make your whole box .5" deeper you could always just make a 12" spacer out of mdf to just to give more space for a sub that needs a larger depth.

whats loud to you might not be loud to others

have you heard anything you like... for reference sake

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.