Build me a system!

sexyswede
10+ year member

I got around 350-400$ to spend. I don't want anything too loud, just so that the bass is somewhat audible outside of the car.

I already have a Panasonic CQ-DPX35EUC 4X40W deck, and a pair of Boston Speakers in the front.

Should i just buy an amp and a sub and power my existing speakers off of the deck?

Right now it plays pretty loud but craps out at high volumes because it can't handle the low notes.

I'd like to spend as little as possible for my purposes. I have a pimpin' 87 volvo sedan.

$350-400, let me think, hmmm...

JBL 80.2 for fronts__ $129

JBL 300.1 for sub__ $145

Kicker 10" competion sub__ $65

About $339

The 80.2 has a crossover on it that will take care of that pesky low frequency distortion problem.

I tell you what I would not pay not 339 for that. If your on a budget go and get a couple of jensen yes jensen 10 inch subs at any wallmart throw em in a 2.0 cubic sealed box and put a jbl 600.1 on it with the 80.2 on the fronts and it will sound great and be in your budget. Subs are actully good subs and did numerous tests and found they are one of the best enrty level subs for the money alot better than the punch zs comps and 4000 mtxs. and this entire system should run you a lil over 400.

on ikesound.com. you can get a 12" pioneer for 57 bucks free shipping. For that price, they sound incredible and handle 300 watts RMS a piece. You dont necessarily need a 12", the 10 and 15 are also cheap too. Anyways, IMO these subs are the best bang for the buck available. Just try and get them up to RMS with any amp and they will please you on a budget system.

As you can see, subwoofers are a very SUBJECTIVE subject.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif The best thing is to go listen to a few, then go online and find it for cheap. On a budget you might want to consider those Pioneers with a JBL300.1 . They won't sound as good as some JL Audio 12w0's, but they'll save you about $40 and get you that UUMPH you need.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.