Build: ///M3 + 4 1508s

**** good setup man those dd's are awesome i have heard. the older ones are the best hitting ones, but about the setup man 4 tens an your doing 140's something isnt right about that to me hell i have seen a guy with 2 of those teens and about 2400 watts into them and pull high 140 and low 150 easy. i would say try subs up port back and tune a little higher if your going for competition hell get u another one of those rf 2000 and call it a day she will get loud than

**** good setup man those dd's are awesome i have heard. the older ones are the best hitting ones, but about the setup man 4 tens an your doing 140's something isnt right about that to me hell i have seen a guy with 2 of those teens and about 2400 watts into them and pull high 140 and low 150 easy. i would say try subs up port back and tune a little higher if your going for competition hell get u another one of those rf 2000 and call it a day she will get loud than
Are you being serious? 1. These are 8's, not tens.

2. I guesstimated mid 140s, it might be louder, I'm waiting to meter it.

3. I'm going to put a couple peices of mdf inside to make a box a bit smaller, so I have a bit better cone control. Can't do a loading wall unfortunatly. I'm not going for competition this is for daily "OMFG 8's arent's supposed to do that" setup, so it's tuned lower:)

Are you being serious? 1. These are 8's, not tens.

2. I guesstimated mid 140s, it might be louder, I'm waiting to meter it.

3. I'm going to put a couple peices of mdf inside to make a box a bit smaller, so I have a bit better cone control. Can't do a loading wall unfortunatly. I'm not going for competition this is for daily "OMFG 8's arent's supposed to do that" setup, so it's tuned lower:)
am i serious u say? hell yea i was serious but i didnt know that those were 8 's dont get your panites all in a bunch man. well i thought u was going for competion but i stand corrected, tune it at 34 or a little higner and do what u want, but i still say turn that box around and face them out and i bet u will tell a difference i kinow everyone 's car is different so some experimenting will have to take place happy building

sorry for the confusion

am i serious u say? hell yea i was serious but i didnt know that those were 8 's dont get your panites all in a bunch man. well i thought u was going for competion but i stand corrected, tune it at 34 or a little higner and do what u want, but i still say turn that box around and face them out and i bet u will tell a difference i kinow everyone 's car is different so some experimenting will have to take place happy building
sorry for the confusion
Oh no sorry if I sounded like a dick..I ment are you serious about sub up port back in a trunk car:p:

The box is facing forward because I don't want a rear facing setup anymore because of trunk rattling. Especially now with a CF trunk, outside the car with 1000w+ of subs back sounds like a old rusted oldsmobile with a 18 in it. This way I get 95% of the sound and no rattles outside:)

I still need to tune it a bit, box a bit smaller, then see if I'll keep the aeroport the same length with the bit higher tuning.

Nice setup. Pretty much the same as mine. Would you mind sharing that box design? I would love to try doing an aero port with my 4 1508's.

what year is your car? im working on a 03 M3 in a few months(when its warm hah) and he wants about 5-10 grand worth of stuff installed. are they easy to work on? after working on 2 e36's im going to assume no hahah

It's an 03, and is it easy to work on....well depends what part.....doors ****. theres no f'n room in the dash for headunits, so it's a ***** to fit em. It's nice having the battery in the back stock though:D

It's not easy to work on but it's definatly not too bad. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I'll put up the box design but it's a little wierd because it was the ONLY way to fit the box in right, and it's a tiny bit too big. Nothing a crap load of bracing and 45'ed corners can't fill up though:D

It's an 03, and is it easy to work on....well depends what part.....doors ****. theres no f'n room in the dash for headunits, so it's a ***** to fit em. It's nice having the battery in the back stock though:DIt's not easy to work on but it's definatly not too bad. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I'll put up the box design but it's a little wierd because it was the ONLY way to fit the box in right, and it's a tiny bit too big. Nothing a crap load of bracing and 45'ed corners can't fill up though:D
**** i was hoping atleast the doors would be easy. what type of speakers are in the car? i have searched a bit but really havent found the answer... all ive found is that its 10 speakers.

thanks for putting the box design up, ill need all the ideas i can get. he wants 3 12's but im hoping i can convince him to only do 2.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.