Build Log 01 taurus Fi Rockford

emd2260
10+ year member

NY
hey everyone. this is my first build/install/system. I'll be running a 15" Fi Q w/ BP option and slappin a RF T10001bd to it, in a ~3.7cu.ft. ported box tuned to 32hz. suggestions/comments/concerns if you please:)

my oldschool tools, not state of the art, but they work:laugh:

CIMG0404.jpg

here's the Q...bought from 97cavy (thanks again:cool:)...its a heavy little guy i must say

CIMG0405.jpg

Rockford Fosgate T10001bd..should be here *hopefully* any day now..thanks assman for hookin me up with some pre-pics:cool:

100_3596.jpg

100_3595.jpg

Here's the box designs, used the RE calculator on it, hopefully it sounds decent:rolleyes:

REcalc.jpg

used sketchup to draw a little skeeematic

boxsketchup.jpg

got the 2 sides and back screwed in real quick, dry fitted too, everything fit pretty good (didnt get a change to get the dry fit picture)

CIMG0407.jpg

I guess you could call this a baffle? wanted the flush mounted look kinda deal:p:

CIMG0406.jpg

a little rough, but a few minutes of sanding and minor shaves off with my jig

CIMG0408.jpg

seems to fit decent for right now..

CIMG0409.jpg

CIMG0411.jpg

on to the glue'n!

only got the back and left side done last night...i dont think i used enough glue??//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

CIMG0413.jpg

CIMG0414.jpg

that's it so far, going to get the next side on tonight...hopefully ill be done with it by the time my amp gets here!

let me know what y'all think

-emd

audioarsonal:

yeah, the beast nails was my step dads that he had lyin around the house, so i thought id save myself some money...alternatives? or just say screw the liquid nail thing all together?

bumpin buick:

I was having a hard time deciding how big i wanted my box to be...it took me a good week to get a design that fit in my gay trunk...this one should fit pretty nice, i think ive seen a few people with enclosures that big...hopefully it sounds good..

i was thinkin maybe find out what this glossy black paint stuff i see alot of people using is, i think that looks bomb...im not too big of a fan of carpet, not to mention its probably a pain in the ass haha

i was thinkin maybe find out what this glossy black paint stuff i see alot of people using is, i think that looks bomb...im not too big of a fan of carpet, not to mention its probably a pain in the ass haha
Trying to get a nice gloss black finish is just as difficult and way more time consuming to do. It requires a lot of time, patience, and prep work.

nice combo

build looks good..i personally think u could have went wider on the box...so u can decrease in depth so u can buy back alittle trunk room....but other than that 3.7 with 48square inch port should be nice and loud

were in ny r u located ...if u not far i want to hear this

hey 80, thanks! i hope it sounds good //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif im in oswego, and by the looks of google maps, im about 5 hours away from you...but if im ever headed down that way or youre coming up this way get at me, id be more than glad to let ya hear it! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Got a few more sides done on my box today... did some sanding...and put it in my trunk to see if it fits, and it does wonderfully //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

put the 2 port sides together and put on the inner front side...i didnt think that one out too good cuz i couldnt put any screws to the front/port...hopefully it doesn't cause me any harm in the long run..also i dont think my cut was perfectly straight on the bottom, it wasnt touching on the entire thing...but i got 3 screws in the bottom...im prayin it will stay good enough:crap:

CIMG0415.jpg

CIMG0416.jpg

port pieces glued screwed and clamped

CIMG0423.jpg

next piece to go on will be the outter front piece...then the top:veryhapp:

CIMG0417.jpg

now all i have to do is wait for my amp to get here...which, UPS put it on reschedule for the 7th:furious:...then i have to put in the wires, which im kind of nervous about, seeing how i've never done it before...can you guys give me a few basic tips?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Alright, Im having a bit of a dilema here... my memphis 4 awg wiring kit came with a 200 amp inline fuse..Im going to be installing the big 3 with the left over 4awg...but i dont know what fuse to use for it? and also, a few guys from ROE were saying that the 200 amp fuse is way too much for my setup, and to down grade...so what 2 fuses should i down-grade to exactly? on another note, i went to autozone today to get ready to install everything...some new battery terminals..hope those were the ones i was supposed to get //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif and some more connectors for the grounds..

CIMG0437.jpg

CIMG0438.jpg

CIMG0435.jpg

CIMG0436.jpg

CIMG0433.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.