build help.. please.

Participant count
  • Participant list

chinxtaboi
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
tx
built my box.. bass doesnt sound right.. not round.. and in the trunk sounds weird. almost like an echo.. sharp sound. no air leaks.. what could it be? ive never had this problem before.

help please

set up memphis mcd-500 and m3

port.jpg

built my box.. bass doesnt sound right.. not round.. and in the trunk sounds weird. almost like an echo.. sharp sound. no air leaks.. what could it be? ive never had this problem before.
help please

set up memphis mcd-500 and m3

port.jpg
your port is too small. the port area should be around 30-35

so should i keep the dimension just make the port area bigger? put all that work into it and its messed up..

sigh..

no, making the port area bigger will reduce box volume. Just start over and do it right the 2nd time. 12-15^2 per cubic foot of box, so around 25^2 or so would work...

found the problem.. it was an air leak.. tightened one of the screws on the sub to the box.. and viola.. all fixed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.