Need help: HT enclosures for ED 12's

Participant count
  • Participant list

Supergumby5000
5,000+ posts

Project: F350 begins...
Pullman, WA
I've never done HT enclosures before, so im just looking for some tips. So far the basis i've seen for ported HT enclosures is more volume, lower tuning. Is there anything else i need to know lol?

i think im going to build two tall sub boxes, each box with 2 12's in it. I was thinking along the lines of 8cubes@21 hz, but i honestly have no idea if this will be any good or not lol.

you do know you need mains to go with those right? ( as in speakers that can play higher than 60 hz )
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif yes i do, im not retarded. This is just the first step im taking. Im building a HT setup for the house me and my buddies are gettin next year for college. I wasnt gonna start til this summer, but the $13 a piece subs got me, so might as well put em in boxes

Your on the right track with larger and lower, I must say those subs arent gonna be great for ht, but they may do what you want, tune it to ~20 hz in about 5 cubes per box after displacement

Your on the right track with larger and lower, I must say those subs arent gonna be great for ht, but they may do what you want, tune it to ~20 hz in about 5 cubes per box after displacement
so only 5 cubes between 2 subs? or each sub gets 5 cubes? i thought that woulda been too small for 2 12's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

I'm pretty sure he meant 5 per sub. The EHQS needs a ridiculous amount of space, I think I heard someone mention it was intended to be an IB sub originally. Here is a graph of WinISD comparing the 2 12's in 6, 8, and 10 cu. ft. boxes:

pgglazoamp.jpg

There is definitely considerable low-end to be gained with the big enclosure, although I don't know where the hell you're going to fit a 10 cubed box unless you turn it into a table.

No, a sealed EHQS would **** for horribly for HT use. The F3 would be way too high.

I have an HT design that's about 12 cubes @ 22hz for 2 EHQS 12. It is BIG but it should play flat to 25hz. PM me if you are interested.

Those aren't great for HT anyway. Instead of going that route, try being more conservative as in 6 cubes for both tuned to 25-28hz. I can just see them bottoming out without much effort.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.