Build For 3 MOFO 12's

Donks
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
CO, Ohio
Currently I Have a 79 grand prix with 3 power acoutik mofo 12's. they are 2700watts a piece, 1500wrms a piece. dual 2 ohm. The Box I currently Have them In is Terrible. Its Way To Smalled and Sealed. Im Planning on getting a new ported box built as soon as i get the money. Right Now Im Running the 3 of Them a On brand new Audiopipe 1500d @ 1.3 ohms. I Have a Huge Deep-Cycle Marine Battery In The Trunk. All 0 gauge wires ran from front to back battery. Also I Had a little cheap walmart 500k farad capacitor Sitting around so im using it just so i can see the voltage...lol.

I Plan on Getting 2 more Audiopipe 1500d's and Running 1 on each MOFO @ 1ohm. Of Course I May need more batteries and bigger alt...idk yet. might be able to get away with stock i was told. but i have done the BIG 3 Upgrade already.

DSCN7449.jpg

DSCN7445.jpg

DSCN7447.jpg

DSCN7446.jpg

Not big on those subs, but to each their own.....I betcha it rattles like crazy in that older car.

Car looks good from the avatar anyway.

Looks great man....I think you need to upgrade the subs first though. It just so happens that I have 3 DC 12's that would hammer for ya. Once ya get the subs squared away, we can work on the rest of the install....hehe.

He needs to fix that install first then throw that weak *** sealed box away as he isn't for sound quality especially with the equipment he's running. Ported box is what he needs to get especially because his trunk can house like 5 dead bodies comfortably.

this guy i know wants to trade me setups. he has 6 american bass XD 10's in a nice big ported box with a Rockford t1000bd. he wants to trade for my mofo's and ap1500d. Would his setup be louder right now beecause of my box? i know that 3 mofo's can outbeat 6 xd 10s anyday with the right power. i was plannning to have Atleast 3000w rms in my trunk. whatya guys think i should do? should i trade him or keep my mofo's and just get a better box?

americanbassxd.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.