BUILD! 03 Chevy S10 Xtreme 4 18's

Farmacist
10+ year member

Soundstream Elite
Detroit, MI
So I had a build log goin on ROE, but its a dying forum.... sooo I'm moving it over here.

Well about bought my s10 about a year ago, I've been thrownin around different audio setups ever since then.

I was doing 2 xxx-15's with 2 xxx-10,000d amps, but I never installed them since I decided to go bigger.

Some of the things Ive done to the truck already

Gibson Dual exhaust

300amp EA alt

aftermarket cold air

New leather racing seats

New billet grill

New smoked head and tailights.

VisionGuard 8000 security system(still need to install that)

New Street scene front bumper

New Street scene SS side view mirrors.

Multiple layers of FatMat

Boss 327 20' Rims

Mind you these first pics are from the beginning of last year..... Yeah i know I cant wait to get this god **** thing done.

img_0346255.jpg

img_0350782.jpg

img_0395756.jpg

img_0400689.jpg

img_0404256.jpg

img_0402965.jpg

img_0406954.jpg

Thanks to some ******* I had to drive around with a screwed up door for about 3 months ......

img_0434899.jpg

Welding wire 0 gauge I got 75ft for $170 on ebay...its really good *#$ too

img_0462920.jpg

The floor of the cabin was really oddly shaped, I think its because of the awd transmission that was optional for the car. Anyway, my seats had a hard time fitting in there like that so I had to cut out and and weld sheet metal in there to make them fit better.

Before

img_0475700.jpg

img_0600946.jpg.xs.jpg

img_0627356.jpg.xs.jpg

After

img_0632321.jpg.xs.jpg

img_0635948.jpg.xs.jpg

With all the equipment I'm getting I have to have a cap for the bed.

I bought a solid cap on craigslist for $50 but it wasnt for my truck. I then bought this one and then took the windows out, and cut up the other cap I had befoer nad used the side of that to fill in the window gaps... It's easier said than done. I might have actually had my car done by now If I would have broke down and bought a cap that was already windowless...... well ya gotta learn sometime..

img_0636419.jpg.xs.jpg

img_0637799.jpg.xs.jpg

So the other day I finally ordered some new equipement from Soundstream..

I got my 4 XXX-18's

a 15,000D ( i need to get another when I have the $$$)

and for my doors I got 8 SM16.90 6.5's (4 to each door)

and 2 SST.05 tweeters.. I may put more in but they're 109dB efficient soo I doubt it.

I cant wait for that pallet to show up at my door //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Maybe then I can get back to working on my truck instead of screwin around like I have been for about the last 2 months.

ive tried to join there, but they wont accept you if you have a gmail email which i think is stupid as hell
lol

I miss my 95 S15, 2 different hydro setups and an air setup. Biggest stereo I had was 4 12's on 1600w. This was like 7 years ago so it was da wangin back then.

This was taken a couple months ago when it got out of the shop.

img_0658790.jpg.xs.jpg

probably one of the last things going in-

this shows how big and ass ugly the stock mirrors are.

The bad part with the new mirrors- about a month ago some side swiped me when ANOTHER hit and run and the mirrors are stationary, soooo the one that was hit broke off and went flying directly into my passenger side window and shattered it....now I need to order a new mirror. F**K the bills just keep commin....

Here's a pic with the new bumper

I'm a little ticked cuz i thought it would be lower, if you notice its a little higher than the sideskirts which bugs the hell out of me....can't do much about it now

The bumper and the shell as of today still need to be painted. I need to repair the cap a little before it gets in the shop. THEN once that's painted I can put it on the bed permanently and start cuttin for the walkthough and the rest of the install. I hope to god this turns out to be worth the work and hassle.

Well I do have a cap that is going to have a walkthrough to so half the box will be in the bed. Its going to be a tight squeeze but it should work out correctly while the subs still have all the required airspace.

this guy put 4 tc sounds 5200's 18's in the cabin without doing a walkthrough (and he had a VERY small port.

http://s153.photobucket.com/albums/s205/01xtreme/?action=view&current=MOV00227.flv

Its going to look similar to Pipo's old setup with the 5 XXX-15's except the wall be designed differently with4 xxx-18's

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.