Buck's Exploder build log

Here's the box and me (a slight fatty, not too bad). Met a cool guy at Home Depot, really gave me the special treatment so to speak with cutting my wood. It was DEAD on, couldn't ask for better. The bottom and top pieces overhang though because we couldn't get the boxes fully together, but it's only by 1/8" or so. BIG BIG BIG HUGE shout out to Bumpin' Goalie. He stayed with me until 3:30-3:45 in the morning and definitely would not have come anywhere close to done with this enclosure without his help. He figured out the wiring problem I was having, and lended an extra hand. He's a good guy, fun to work with. And for him doing that he got the first demo of my 18"s. Not going to lie, he was having trouble with the overload of sound, but I was too. Anyways on to pics:

Easy way to put wood together with limited equipment, use 90 degree braces.

DSCN0469.jpg

DSCN0470.jpg

DSCN0472-Copy.jpg

DSCN0471-Copy.jpg

DSCN0473-Copy.jpg

DSCN0475-Copy.jpg

DSCN0474-Copy.jpg

Looks loud... Glad you got ur system back I know I could not last a year. Very nice box also. Had lowes butcher a box for me one time but looks like whoever cut yours knew what he was doin.

Happy to help!

For those wondering, it's pretty darn loud. My ears are still feeling the damage lol.

I'm shot for SQ adjustments and tuning for the next 24 hours. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Congrats on the return of a system! All the hard work paid off!

I need some sleep now, and I'm sure you do, too.

Night all.

Looks loud... Glad you got ur system back I know I could not last a year. Very nice box also. Had lowes butcher a box for me one time but looks like whoever cut yours knew what he was doin.
He did for sure. He was actually certified in electronic repair or something similar to that, and worked on amplified stuff so he had messed with car audio some so we had a nice talk and he checked out my stuff.

He did for sure. He was actually certified in electronic repair or something similar to that, and worked on amplified stuff so he had messed with car audio some so we had a nice talk and he checked out my stuff.
Yea my Lowes guys really did the best they could. They tried and tried but I think the machine was off as it would not cut straight. The blade would jump right near the end of the cut which screwed each and every piece of wood.

Box, 14.6 cubic feet @ 27-28ish. Still hits up to 50-55 hz with authority, peaking in the high 30's, low 40's. I can't tell exactly because it was iPod connection, a lot of loudness variance. Gains are lower than what they could be I believe. Only 14 gauge going to each speaker unfortunately, should have my 10 gauge tomorrow. Gonna try to get it carpeted tomorrow, idk since that box weighs probably 150 pounds at least with subs, if not more. Bumpin' Goalie and I both about got hernia's trying to lift it in my truck without subs.

---------- Post added at 04:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 AM ----------

Yea my Lowes guys really did the best they could. They tried and tried but I think the machine was off as it would not cut straight. The blade would jump right near the end of the cut which screwed each and every piece of wood.
Homie Depot yo.

Why did u not go with birch? I know with that box, subs, amps, batt's, wire, etc you had to have added a good 300-500lbs which is some mad weight. How the shocks holding up? I wish I could get a suv would love to be able to run more than 1 sub. Yes, I am jelly I will admit.

Why did u not go with birch? I know with that box, subs, amps, batt's, wire, etc you had to have added a good 300-500lbs which is some mad weight. How the shocks holding up? I wish I could get a suv would love to be able to run more than 1 sub..
I can't really tell there is any weight back there at all. Towing package ftw.

Birch = 45/sheet. MDF= 30/sheet. That 180 vs. 120. Plus it's braced purty well.

34 x 3 for batteryies= 102 lbs.

About 3-3.5 sheets MDF

Another 35-40 pound per sub = 70-80

3 amps, 2 x idk 20 lbs and 1 x 10. = 50

200 lbs plus the MDF.

Probably 350-400 lbs.

What kinda numbers are you hoping for out of it? Looks to be a daily setup a loud daily setup but was just wondering if you had any goals for a certain number.
145-150. Just a ground pounder. I need to scoot it closer to the hatch. Should pic up lows better and be able to tell whether or not my low tuning worked. It still goes a lot higher (frequency wise) then I thought it would. My lowpass is set at 63 hz, 18 db per octave drop off.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.