2 10" box build for Dodge 1500

bigbud747
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Well i started this tonight. I'm still up in the air between picking either Sundown SA 10's, or Skar Audio VVX 10's. I'm kinda of leaning toward the Skars, simply because not many people have the 10's, and i see a lot of SA10 single cab truck installs.

But anyway, the box is 2.4 cubes net with 2 4" PVC pipes (flared at the end) tuned to 33 hz. Will finish the box in the next couple of days, but still need to sell me current sub to buy the new ones.

Anyone have suggestions on what kind of 10's i should run? I'll be putting about 1300-1400 wrms to the pair.

And, is the little "blocker bar" in front of the port a good idea with the port being only about 7" from the sub? i've had problems before with past enclosures of the port being too close and the sub unloading a lot.

DSC01800.jpg

DSC01801.jpg

DSC01802.jpg

DSC01803.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just put another coat on for strength and to get everything uniform color. I'm sure the brace will make it lose a couple tenths, but i'd rather not have a rattling box. Haha. Still have to wait about 4 more months before i can put some SA 10's in there.

So, change of plans a little. I found a really good deal on some brand new DD 1510's, so i had to grab them. Put them in the box and in the truck, and wow. For being a lower line DD sub, these sound amazing and hit harder than my Fi Bl did. Here's a few pictures and a video. These subs are still very stuff, so it will be a while before they break in, but i'm loving them so far.

DSC01848.jpg

DSC01850.jpg

DSC01851.jpg

DSC01852.jpg

DSC01853.jpg

Video will come in a few minutes after Youtube is done processing.

Here's a video. And before anyone asks, it's just the camera playing tricks, the subs aren't out of phase. These absolutely destroy the lows.

Very good looking build! Not sure how the brace in the middle will affect things. Maybe one of the experts will chime in.

That truck is before the brace behind passenger seat. I have one in my 08, i think thats a 00 or 01

Thanks. Always had trouble with losing back pressure without one and the subs being that close to the port, so figured i'd give this a try.

What did you think of the result? we generaly try to position the sub over the port which works good. but this way would give a lot more options when making truck boxes.

Honestly, i love it. Haha. Still get a lot of excursion from 36 hz and up, but when it drops down to 28-30 hz that plate really does it'sjob and gives the subs a lot of back pressure and the subs are no where close to stressing themselves from excursion.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.