Buck's Exploder build log

Buck
5,000+ posts

little alien on campus
First off, big shout out to 12 Gauge Audio in East Nashville for helping me out with some great prices and big shout out to Bumpin' Goalie for helping me install my 4 runs of 0 gauge and he pretty much installed my rca's and remote wire by himself. Sorry for the crappy pics, all of these installs were spur of the moment. This will just be a few pics of the progression of my build for now, then more later as the amps and subs and speakers go in. As of right now I have my 3 sets of rca's, remote wire, and 4 runs of 0 gauge Audiopipe wire ran.

0320111329.jpg

downsized_0320111352.jpg

downsized_0322111429.jpg

downsized_0324111904.jpg

0324111905.jpg

0324111905a.jpg

Glad to help. If you're swinging back by there again tomorrow we can work some more. Need to work on my vehicle a bit, too. New beauty panel for inside the glove box is in the works. Relocation of meters, toggles, remote. Hoping to run some 1/0 gauge myself if we can work that out.

Another shout out to 12 Gauge.

Off to ice my hands and back haha.

Glad to help. If you're swinging back by there again tomorrow we can work some more. Need to work on my vehicle a bit' date=' too. New beauty panel for inside the glove box is in the works. Relocation of meters, toggles, remote. Hoping to run some 1/0 gauge myself if we can work that out.
Another shout out to 12 Gauge.

Off to ice my hands and back haha.[/quote']

Ya man we did a lot of work. That pizza was a life saver for me.

Nice, yea I have 2 runs right now and have the wire to add 4 more for a total of 6, just lazy and expecting it to be a pain trying to route all that wire so putting it off.

Looks good.. Whats the sub/amp set up going to be? We need DETAILS! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Let me know if you finished up under the hood tonight. You know my morning plans, and Pred's game tomorrow night. Hoping to run by 12 Gauge and see Dave around noon or 2 til whenever.

P.s.

Well I spent a couple minutes getting the EQ in a good "start position". Now I just need to get the rest of all that small wiring done and tweeters in a suitable place. Might end up hiding the crossovers after all. Heck, might even tunnel into the doors...You'll see what I have planned.

Good progress today.

Let me know if you finished up under the hood tonight. You know my morning plans' date=' and Pred's game tomorrow night. Hoping to run by 12 Gauge and see Dave around noon or 2 til whenever.
P.s.

Well I spent a couple minutes getting the EQ in a good "start position". Now I just need to get the rest of all that small wiring done and tweeters in a suitable place. Might end up hiding the crossovers after all. Heck, might even tunnel into the doors...You'll see what I have planned.

Good progress today.[/quote']

Yep good progress I'm happy. I got quite a bit done (doesn't look like it but took quite a bit of time). Pics in next post.

Here's Bumpin' struggling to work on his car, it was a hard night for his vehicle:

DSCN0381.jpg

---------- Post added at 02:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 AM ----------

Fuse holders epoxied on the stock fuse box:

DSCN0383.jpg

---------- Post added at 02:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 AM ----------

Here's Bumpin' trying to cut off the factory ring terminals, had to use what tools were available:

DSCN0386.jpg

---------- Post added at 02:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 AM ----------

The 2 pos runs are cut, ready to go in fuse holder, factory wires have terminals on. Got those batt. terminals at Wal-Mart for 4 bucks a piece, I love them.

DSCN0388.jpg

---------- Post added at 02:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 AM ----------

With those ring terminals, I put my stock wire on the tension screw that holds it on the post and put my 0 gauge on the 2 extras.

DSCN0395.jpg

---------- Post added at 02:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 AM ----------

Final pics of night of work:

DSCN0393.jpg

DSCN0394.jpg

Nice, nice. Good work. Almost done under the hood! Interior should be a piece of cake, too!

Here's Bumpin' struggling to work on his car, it was a hard night for his vehicle
Probably the hardest night I've had. Such a time-consuming, confusing ordeal when you have to go step-by-step through someone else's wiring job. PHEW! Glad it's almost over! Then I can get to the fun stuff!

I let my mind relax a bit and I think I've solved my wiring nightmare. Nothing better than taking a step back to analyze. So I should be good to go! I need a few odds and ends though, so I'll be at 12 Gauge in a bit. Hoping to get everything up and running today/tomorrow depending on my schedule. And then cosmetic touches for the glove box soon to follow.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.