bang for buck prefab loaded sub box 2-12s under $400

dabbin76

CarAudio.com Newbie
Texas
Looking for best cheaper options for prefab loaded sub box.
Preferably two 12s 1000w rms total at 2ohms. Sealed or Ported options.
Already have a JL JD1000/1 to pair with. Don't have a brand preference for subs.
Just curious if there is anything in that price range really worth it for under $400 that people here could recommend.

Looking for best cheaper options for prefab loaded sub box.
Preferably two 12s 1000w rms total at 2ohms. Sealed or Ported options.
Already have a JL JD1000/1 to pair with. Don't have a brand preference for subs.
Just curious if there is anything in that price range really worth it for under $400 that people here could recommend.
I thought I saw a dual Lcs-12 enclosure loaded somewhere. Those 300rms subs are underrated in my experience and it should be a 2ohm final load.
With that amp I'd think they'd be a great match.

Edit...

It's a 1ohm final load, from D4s. I wonder if you could request single 4ohm drivers for a 2ohm final load... 🤔

It's listed under $350

Last edited:
Go with dual 2 ohm as they are very common. Sundown, CT sounds and others have enclosures that will meet your criteria. Me personally, I would buy a couple American Bass XD1222s and a pre fab ported enclosure off of Amazon, it will slam on 1000 watts!

Last edited:

Im not a fan of Trend boxes. They screwed me more than once of which is a different story towards intimidation of which Id prefer not to get into ATM. but this one looks to be a suitable enclosure and the subs are not too bad for the $400 and under budget minded. Should do just fine. I would look at getting some 10 ga. OFC speaker wire minimum and a few Star Bit 2" deck screws from H.Depot

Wire subs exactly as shown on diagram to a 2 ohm load.

I usually buy GP Audio Glue and Screw Enclosure kits

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...