Box Tuning question

Participant count
  • Participant list

argenis69
10+ year member

SQ Bass Lover
NY, USA
Hello, As you know I have a 02 Nissan Maxima with a 15" Fi SP4 in a 3.5 cu ft flare port box powered with a 3500 Crescendo amp(check my signature).

I would like to know what's the best frequency to tune this box to get the maximum loudest bass output with decent sq?

Thank you.

Loud in terms of htz isnt really relevant here...say ur car peaks at 50 and mine peaks at 40. i will lose output past 40 and you will gain the closer u get to 50.make sense?
Makes sense, but is there more or less a standard tuning frequency where the subs tend to have better output no matter the vehicle or environment?

Makes sense, but is there more or less a standard tuning frequency where the subs tend to have better output no matter the vehicle or environment?
All depends on the sub ..and type of music u listen too but id say 35 is a good middle ground..the sp4 is a low end monster and does well tuned low if i were u id bump it up to 4-4.5 cubes at 35 and you should see greater output

All depends on the sub ..and type of music u listen too but id say 35 is a good middle ground..the sp4 is a low end monster and does well tuned low if i were u id bump it up to 4-4.5 cubes at 35 and you should see greater output
Thanks, but I need the trunk space. Does it help and make a big difference to tune it to 35 hz in the 3.5 cubic feet enclosure I already have?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.