Port decision

bgowdy
5,000+ posts

Heroes are remembered, but legends never die
IM USING AEROPORTS.....

So im looking at 11.36 cubes gross of internal volume. i was going to do 2 8" aero ports before but now that have i have upped the enclosure size im not sure if thats enough sqin^3. It comes out to be roughly 9inches per cube

My goal is loud playing music. So more towards the SPL side of things.

So what do you guys think?

Thanks for the input

I'd suggest more port area, but I've also heard less is required from aeros. That just seems pretty low.
yea less is required for aeros ive read that its like half the amount of a slot port or 8 - 12 inches per cube

yea less is required for aeros ive read that its like half the amount of a slot port or 8 - 12 inches per cube
Hmm, maybe you're in the ballpark, then. I'll let somebody who knows a little bit more about enclosure design chime in, though.

Aeros require approximately 8-11 sq in per cube as compared to 12-16 sq in per cube with a slot....obviously both can go higher when dealing with pure spl applications

It depends on the power and subs used, too. Port per cube shouldn't be the end-all deciding factor.
While just about every factor is gonna affect what he truly needs, getting the right number here is pretty important to determine how the enclosure performs. Which, as we all know, is one of the most crucial parts of a system.

It depends on the power and subs used, too. Port per cube shouldn't be the end-all deciding factor.
2 OA v2 18s and 3k before rise and voltage drop. so they will probly see around 1k each after all that give or take. i would like to be in between 8 - 11 inch mark but to do this it would require a 12 inch aero(which i can make so no big deal). the 12" would give me right at 10"s per cube

While just about every factor is gonna affect what he truly needs, getting the right number here is pretty important to determine how the enclosure performs. Which, as we all know, is one of the most crucial parts of a system.
I meant that port per cube isn't always a good way to determine port area. A lot does depend on enclosure size, but the subs themselves and power used also play a big role in the port size needed. If the enclosure is on the large side, you can often get away with a lower port per cube, and the opposite goes for small boxes.

2 OA v2 18s and 3k before rise and voltage drop. so they will probly see around 1k each after all that give or take. i would like to be in between 8 - 11 inch mark but to do this it would require a 12 inch aero(which i can make so no big deal). the 12" would give me right at 10"s per cube
I always like one large aero rather than multiple smaller ones anyway.

If it would fit, I would do that.

Get in touch with bill lolo. Psychoacoustics I believe is the company name. You can give him all the specs and he will tell you what to use. He also makes adjustable length ports.

Get in touch with bill lolo. Psychoacoustics I believe is the company name. You can give him all the specs and he will tell you what to use. He also makes adjustable length ports.
i can make the port(s) myself. Thats not a issue at all. its actually pretty easy. Im just trying to figure the amount of square inches of port per cube

i can make the port(s) myself. Thats not a issue at all. its actually pretty easy. Im just trying to figure the amount of square inches of port per cube
DAMNNNN lol I was about to recommend Bill lolo then i read up and someone already recommends him. Bill is the man have done buisness with him personally and been through is shop multiple times. Very good guy and his ports are calls Psychoports. His work is fantastic. Build your box to right airspace and you can adjust your tuning anytime in seconds get it perfect for any song even.

DAMNNNN lol I was about to recommend Bill lolo then i read up and someone already recommends him. Bill is the man have done buisness with him personally and been through is shop multiple times. Very good guy and his ports are calls Psychoports. His work is fantastic. Build your box to right airspace and you can adjust your tuning anytime in seconds get it perfect for any song even.
thats what im saying tho. i can build the port myself to were i can adjust tuning on the fly. its not that hard to make them. i just asking about the amount of port per cube

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.