my tuning is off by 10 hertz please help!!

chazer188

im playing 45 hertz but it designed for 35 hertz im not understanding why my tuneing is so off i did the figues online i have an L port design the port length and width as well as height matches to 34 to 35 hertz i wasnt sure if making the upper part of the L port smaller will put me down the 35 or put me higher. i just real could use some help in anyway..my caculations are from the 12 volt.com site im pretty new to this and i bulit my box myself my box is 3.6 cubic feet

from the bottom of the L port to the top is 6.25 inchs high

the over all height is 10.625

4.5 inchs wide

the long part of the l port is 19 inchs

but over all is 25.125

WILL SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME I HAVE COMP IN 1 WEEK!!!!!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wallbash.gif.1310150c49dd52e0fbe1813a0681e5c3.gif

Looks like low 30's tuning to me. What precisely is happening? What sub? Pics would help. what do you mean looks like low 30s? i have digital design 2512. and i cant figure how to attach any photos right now

Couple things

1.Why do you want to tune at 35hz for a comp, your 45 hz tune will almost always be louder, most vehicles peak in the mid 40's.

2.How do you know your tuned at 45hz, where your box is loudest is NOT where you are tuned

3.What sub/subs are you using, a layout of you setup could be a little more enlightening (sounds like 1 15, but IDK)

As has been mentioned, where the box is tuned doesn't necessarily mean that's where it will peak. What you'll need to look for is the half-wave of your vehicle (which is likely 40-50hz range) then tune the box accordingly to make a peak there with whatever sub you're using.

Do you own an SPL meter? Where's pics?

Couple things

1.Why do you want to tune at 35hz for a comp, your 45 hz tune will almost always be louder, most vehicles peak in the mid 40's.

2.How do you know your tuned at 45hz, where your box is loudest is NOT where you are tuned

3.What sub/subs are you using, a layout of you setup could be a little more enlightening (sounds like 1 15, but IDK)

question 1. I have been told that 33 hertz is the sweet spot for spl and sound quality so i went with 35 hertz

question 2. i had my freind test on it on spl meter and DB topped at 45 hertz with 127.8 on a 1600 watt qatum audio amp

question 3. i have one 12 inch digital design 2500 series i now have pics up of my bulid on my profile under my images

Okay guys i moved the box up to my back seat out of the trunk cuase the trunk is sealed from cabin being a luxury vehicle. It made differnce in pressure its at the point where you get that funny feeling in your ear but only at a certain hertz for about a 7 second window and it drops down again

well what about a apcl-15001D audiopipe amp i thought about running a pair of them to my single sub so i can put out around 1500 rms to my one sub cuase its 4 ohm sub wired to 2 ohms

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.