Box help please (hint hint Jmac)

It wont be as hard to port if the port is a slot port instead of a round tube. Slot ports dont have to be as long due to the increased surface area of the slot opposed to the round tube. I think, Jmac correct me if i'm wrong:confused: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Originally posted by 80_Cutlass_mn It wont be as hard to port if the port is a slot port instead of a round tube. Slot ports dont have to be as long due to the increased surface area of the slot opposed to the round tube. I think, Jmac correct me if i'm wrong:confused: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
thats kind of right, but not for the right reason. Actully as port area increases the length also increases...there is more to it, because you are right that when round ports get ridiculously long, the slot ports are used....**** it i cannot think right now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Originally posted by evo2k3 thats kind of right, but not for the right reason. Actully as port area increases the length also increases...there is more to it, because you are right that when round ports get ridiculously long, the slot ports are used....**** it i cannot think right now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
Well im not a box expert, just a wiring and electronics guru:D

the reason slots are used is because you get a larger crossection, from a shorter run, or in a space that would otherwise be hard to fit a long run with a round port.

I can help ya out man...I just dont know any specs on the sub. If you can post them or direct me to them, i can whip ya up a box design pretty easy...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.