Box help...8 Soundqubed HDC4 18s

if you have a b pillar build this size and don't do 60s+ these days your a failure.
Speaking of which, what happened to Alex?

Ok thanks for yalls help so far. I need to rethink this whole thing and start from scratch. But to clear some stuff up, this is not my first time with car audio, right now i am running 2 15s on 3k doing up to 150db. I do not have enough money to work up to large wall builds, so i have to make a big leap to hit upper 150s. I hope this is not too much of a leap, but so far everyone seems to be helpful.
You have actually metered this on a termlab? What subs? What amp? At what frequency? 150 to 158 is a very very big leap and high 150's won't come cheap or easy.

ONE HDC4 will handle a "4k".. I think you need to rethink everything if your planning on running a single 4k.
I didn't catch that. I assumed he meant a 4K per sub?

one huge part that i think was missed so far is baffle space.

sure you can build a clam sorta baffle but that also eats up precious cf.

and if you going for a clam style baffle its been very trendy to just do a 4th order.

imo 9 12's flat wall with 27 cf 20sq" o port per (maybe make a plug to lower tuning if you need to)

4k per sub will get roudy

if you worked at it you could probably fit 8 15's on a flat wall but would be a bit harder

You have actually metered this on a termlab? What subs? What amp? At what frequency? 150 to 158 is a very very big leap and high 150's won't come cheap or easy.

Yes i metered it. I have a friend that owns an spl lab unit. He hits low 150s. That is my current build though and i am selling all off it for the new build we are talking about.

2 soundqubed hdc3 15s

1500 watts a piece on 2 ohm

Rockville 4k( yes i know its a piece of crap)

Boxed tuned to 34hz. Metered at 35hz

When i clip the subs like crazy i can get some ok numbers

He's in jail.

It says somewhere in the Thunderdome thread.

one huge part that i think was missed so far is baffle space.
sure you can build a clam sorta baffle but that also eats up precious cf.

and if you going for a clam style baffle its been very trendy to just do a 4th order.

imo 9 12's flat wall with 27 cf 20sq" o port per (maybe make a plug to lower tuning if you need to)

4k per sub will get roudy

if you worked at it you could probably fit 8 15's on a flat wall but would be a bit harder
So flat wall is the way to go for me

Yes i metered it. I have a friend that owns an spl lab unit. He hits low 150s. That is my current build though and i am selling all off it for the new build we are talking about.
2 soundqubed hdc3 15s

1500 watts a piece on 2 ohm

Rockville 4k( yes i know its a piece of crap)

Boxed tuned to 34hz. Metered at 35hz

When i clip the subs like crazy i can get some ok numbers
there is no 4000 watt rockville amp. Not rms anyways.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.