Box for single 12" Type-R

ZarazuaT

Sep 17, 2015
Moreno Valley, CA
Hello all!! I recently purchased a new Accord and I'm over the stock system in it. I am installing a single type-r 12" srw-122d ran at 4ohm. I was wondering if anyone could design one with cut sheet for me. Just a simple enclosure, since I'm not the best builder lmao.

The subwoofer is an old type-r (pre 2010) 500w RMS running off an old RF R500.1 amp. The max dimensions that my trunk will fit is 16"H x 36"W x 20"D. I will be running 0ga from battery to distribution block, then 4ga from there to the amp. I really want low end, maybe around 34hertz? I listen mostly to rap(future, young thug, drake), if you want to call it that lol. What will the design cost me? If you need any more info, please let me know. Really appreciate it, Thanks.

**updated with new measurements**

Last edited by a moderator:

Louisiana_CRX

dem shoes......
10+ year member
Aug 22, 2006
Piney Hills of Louisiana
Hello all!! I recently purchased a new Accord and I'm over the stock system in it. I am installing a single type-r 12". I was wondering if anyone could design one with cut sheet for me. Just a simple enclosure, since I'm not the best builder lmao.
The subwoofer is an old type-r (pre 2010) 500w RMS running off an old RF R500.1 amp. The max dimensions that my trunk will fit is 16"H x 28"W x 20"D. I will be running 0ga from battery to distribution block, then 4ga from there to the amp. I really want low end, maybe around 34hertz? I listen mostly to rap(future, young thug, drake), if you want to call it that lol. What will the design cost me? If you need any more info, please let me know. Really appreciate it, Thanks.
Hows it sound ?

OP
Z

ZarazuaT

Sep 17, 2015
Moreno Valley, CA
It needs to be 1.8 cu ft plus port with 18 cu inch port opening 24" long ...
Thanks for the reply. I'm sorry, but I'm really horrible with the math part of it. Lol. Always have been. Any way to design it with a cut sheet? I can pay.

Jeffdachef

Gunz That Turn on Nunz
Feb 5, 2013
South Coast Metro, CA
Hello all!! I recently purchased a new Accord and I'm over the stock system in it. I am installing a single type-r 12" srw-122d ran at 4ohm. I was wondering if anyone could design one with cut sheet for me. Just a simple enclosure, since I'm not the best builder lmao.
The subwoofer is an old type-r (pre 2010) 500w RMS running off an old RF R500.1 amp. The max dimensions that my trunk will fit is 16"H x 36"W x 20"D. I will be running 0ga from battery to distribution block, then 4ga from there to the amp. I really want low end, maybe around 34hertz? I listen mostly to rap(future, young thug, drake), if you want to call it that lol. What will the design cost me? If you need any more info, please let me know. Really appreciate it, Thanks.

*OFFICIAL* Free Ported Box Plans (56k NO!!) - Dodge SRT Forum

OP
Z

ZarazuaT

Sep 17, 2015
Moreno Valley, CA
I have an older Type R 12 and a 10 with the red R and acordian style surround...both are great subs
I used to have 4 of these in a 99 expedition a few years ago. Loved them then. Now, Ive been thinking, what if i went with 2.5cuft at 32z. I will be upgrading to a sundown a12 and 1200w hifonics zeus in a few months. I could use the same box..

CSCStang

Enclosurist
Mar 24, 2014
OC, Ca

I can build it if you want. I'm local to you as well. Pm me if you're interested. Very affordable.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Trending topics

Latest classifieds