I Need help putting together a system

Participant count
  • Participant list

celtic_pinoy

Okay so I have a '98 Jeep Wrangler and I'm gonna buy dual 10" subs in the "trunk" (it's very small and that's the most I can fit) and I have 2 6.5" Kenwood speakers in what appears to be a stock soundbar. And then I also have the 2 5.25" stock speakers in the dash. I have an "okay" aftermarket head unit that I want to replace soon. I'm very new to this and am 16.

My questions:

What kind of amp do I need?

How many Channels?

Wattage?

Anything else to know about amps?

Do all the speakers go into the amp?

Do some get powered by a head unit?

What's a cheap but quality head unit?

These are the subs I'm buying this Friday Rockford Fosgate R1-2X10 10-Inch 400 Watt Dual Loaded Enclosure - Set of 2 | By Bambuzo

Also how do I balance all the Impedance/Ohms and watts, I want sensitivity at 90+dB I think is what I read, so I have loud clear music with the top off on 70mph highways? I'm going for heavy bass with clarity still, at least as much bass as I can get with the jeep not having much trunk space.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.