box design for (4) 15's needed for crew cab

Dumbo1

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a 2017 Silverado crew cab I want to put 4 15's into.  I have not decided which subs to use yet so,  FI, Sundown, DD are the brands I am considering.  id like to go ported but I will go with sealed if I don't have enough room.  my dimensions to work with are  60" w X 40" tall X 20" deep. I appreciate any help or input.

Drivers play a large part in your enclosure design. However, the idea that most talk about is not exactly true nor does it work.

Here is the real answers that need to be had first.

1. Goals of the system.

2. If music will be played be honest about the types and the range that the subs will need to play.

3. What subs and power play a role, but to a lower extent than what any designer will tell you for a wide range of reasons. Truth is the "fudge" room in enclosure design is massive and there plenty of "standards" for design that work with a wide range of drivers just fine. Can you improve the performance if you design for a specific sub? Yes, but not by the amounts that people discuss on any forum or facebook group.

I have a 2017 Silverado crew cab I want to put 4 15's into.  I have not decided which subs to use yet so,  FI, Sundown, DD are the brands I am considering.  id like to go ported but I will go with sealed if I don't have enough room.  my dimensions to work with are  60" w X 40" tall X 20" deep. I appreciate any help or input.
you have plenty of room to go ported, never go sealed in a truck man.

Drivers play a large part in your enclosure design. However, the idea that most talk about is not exactly true nor does it work.

Here is the real answers that need to be had first.

1. Goals of the system.

2. If music will be played be honest about the types and the range that the subs will need to play.

3. What subs and power play a role, but to a lower extent than what any designer will tell you for a wide range of reasons. Truth is the "fudge" room in enclosure design is massive and there plenty of "standards" for design that work with a wide range of drivers just fine. Can you improve the performance if you design for a specific sub? Yes, but not by the amounts that people discuss on any forum or facebook group.
so EBP means nothing and you can just throw a driver in any random ported box thats close to spec and you'll get good results?  yeaah I dont agree with that statement at all especially when you doing big boy setups chasing 160dbs+

so EBP means nothing and you can just throw a driver in any random ported box thats close to spec and you'll get good results?  yeaah I dont agree with that statement at all especially when you doing big boy setups chasing 160dbs+
While I understand this concept is outside of your general way of thinking the fast answer is yes. There is inherently a large cushion for enclosed volumes, port area, and tuning is relevant to the desired reproduction and vehicle.

This applies to every day sound systems, and yes they can get rather loud. More often these systems work better with general enclosure specs than they do when some designers and builders try to do what is closer to manufacturing specs.

Being from that area of this industry I can assure you most companies have no clue what their drivers want at all. Not in a daily, sq, or spl.

However, spl builds are a different take on audio entirely. Before you discuss it, build one then we can talk further as you will understand that conversation in better detail. 

Last edited by a moderator:
While I understand this concept is outside of your general way of thinking the fast answer is yes. There is inherently a large cushion for enclosed volumes, port area, and tuning is relevant to the desired reproduction and vehicle.

This applies to every day sound systems, and yes they can get rather loud. More often these systems work better with general enclosure specs than they do when some designers and builders try to do what is closer to manufacturing specs.

Being from that area of this industry I can assure you most companies have no clue what their drivers want at all. Not in a daily, sq, or spl.

However, spl builds are a different take on audio entirely. Before you discuss it, build one then we can talk further as you will understand that conversation in better detail. 
HAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAH

build throw a sub in a prefab box and get better results than a custom ported? these newbs get crazier and crazier every day. 

idk i'm not loud yet 30k rms with four 100lb 18s walled in a 6th order means nothing nowadays.

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAH

build throw a sub in a prefab box and get better results than a custom ported? these newbs get crazier and crazier every day. 

idk i'm not loud yet 30k rms with four 100lb 18s walled in a 6th order means nothing nowadays.

Bet my kicker comp 10s are louder why you waste your money dawg my cuz blew out his back windshield with two dem mofos

Is there a single factual statement in this, or is it a persuasive draft?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.