Box Build ----Fiberglass & MDF

did you not add any additional layers of glass after the polydex?

it looks like you did that then went straight to the filler.

i am only asking because in the second to last pic with it in the truck i can see the butterflies on the inside of the enclosure.

but it still kicks ass.

~Magick_Man~

did you not add any additional layers of glass after the polydex?it looks like you did that then went straight to the filler.

i am only asking because in the second to last pic with it in the truck i can see the butterflies on the inside of the enclosure.

but it still kicks ass.

~Magick_Man~

Post #32.....................

Everglass applied to the exterior and all the strengthening of the box was done on the inside to minimized the body work needed.

A couple layers of mat and then a mixture of cabosil, thixotropic, talc and saw dust that I came up with to make it thick. It adds weight, but the fiberglassed part is more solid than the MDF parts.

Layed some primer today and then sanded it to get it as smooth as possible. I will lay some more primer tomorrow and this time I will remember to bring the camera.

I will also get pics of the inside of the so you can see the strengthening of it.

Sure did.I will be looking for a package from Brown Santa on Monday.
Awesome...santa hasn't arrived for me, a little over a 3-weeks late. I think he zigged when he should have zagged tryin to find my house //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

blowthrough = Subs in bed in a box "blown through" into the cab

I know what a blow-thru is. I have done about 12 in my time.

The old set-up was a blow-thru, but since some subs were lost due to theives and then 2 more have bad popping issues, I decided to use the bed for airspace and build something fancy like in the cab. After the math with the subs, they need alot of airspace. They are some old MA 15IL series. 6.5 per sub.

This truck lives in Lakeland. Southside. Maybe you will see/hear it around. Should be going back this weekend.

tell him to stop by our show this weekend at our shop in winterhaven, bout 5miles from lakeland.. and ill let him hear a real blow through

ok im not bashin the dude its just its not a blow through... its a box.... if it sounds good thats all that matters... from the first pics it just didnt look like it was going to perform to well.... but if it beats.. props to ya

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.