Box Build ----Fiberglass & MDF

It is in a 99 s10.

Here are the back half of the box pics. This is the part that will be in the bed.

normal_box_braced_1.jpg

normal_box_braced_2.jpg

A shot of the back wall looking through the blow-thru at the new back half of the box.

Never mind the mess........will be cleaned before it is done.

normal_new_blow_thru_1.JPG

normal_new_blow_thru_2.JPG

When I left off, I had the connector pieces sides built and test fitted.

Well here are the pics of it all done with the mounting flanges built on each side so it can be connected.

normal_box_connector_1.JPG

normal_box_connector_2.JPG

normal_box_connector_3.JPG

The inside flange is where it will be bolted to the bed part of the box and the outer flange will attach it to the inside part of the box.

Here is the test fit of it all done before I put Everglass on the seams to reinforce it.

normal_box_connector_done.JPG

I dislike the dowl method of setting up rings. I only use it if I can't use a 2x4.

I get asked how to use a 2x4 like this and when I explain it, they get lost. Maybe these pics will help.

I cut the 2x4 at the angle I want the ring to sit and attach them together with 1 screw in the center where the pivot was for the router.

normal_rings_on_2x4.JPG

Position the ring at the angle you want it and shoot some paint around the base of it.

normal_set_and_painted_1.JPG

This will mark the position of the 2x4. You will trace this position next.

normal_set_and_painted_2.JPG

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.