Box and subs for f-150 Lightning

18visions

Hi, I am getting a 2003 SVT f-150 Lightning in April and I was wondering what is the best:

subs(I was thinking 2 10"s)

speakers

head unit

amp

I would also want a box custom made, how much would this be? And how much would the subs, speakers, etc. be? What is a good company to take it to for installation?

thanks a lot

Tyler

edit: The Lightning is standard cab (no back seat) incase you didn't know.

Make sure u do a custom install in that nice truck and post pics. Ya, u cant fit big subs in there, stick to like 3 10"s in a custom box in the back

Originally posted by 18visions Hi, I am getting a 2003 SVT f-150 Lightning in April and I was wondering what is the best:

subs(I was thinking 2 10"s)

speakers

head unit

amp

I would also want a box custom made, how much would this be? And how much would the subs, speakers, etc. be? What is a good company to take it to for installation?

thanks a lot

Tyler

edit: The Lightning is standard cab (no back seat) incase you didn't know.
yea, you should stick with some 10 inch subs....what is your total budget for all of this? there is not 'best' of anything....so let us know how much you can spend for all of this.

Originally posted by 18visions I did have a pioneer HU in mind.

You lost me with SQ and SPL, what are those?

on the amp, how many watts should it be for 2 10"s?

thanks
SQ=Sound Quality

SPL=Sound Pressure Level (basically Loudness)

They refer to what u would like in ur system. U want more SQ? or more SPL? certain subs are better for each category. The amp also depends on the subs u get. All subs have different power handling abilities. Just answer couple questions and u'll get a lot of help. peace

NG

Gonna be some work to get a box behind the seats...plus it limits your choice of subs drastically, due to mounting depth. I suggest a custom center console with 1 or 2 10" or 12" drivers:)

A nice set of 6.5" components up front either in the doors or kick panels(my suggestion) with an amp on them of course.

- Steve

sq - sound quality -sounds nice but comprises some loudness

sql - mix of both

spl - loud bass - very loud but comprimises sq

w/ the budget u have you shouldnt have any problem w/ getting stuff.....ps i love that truck....enjoy

the enclosure itself is good for your application, but those subs aren't good! i have them, and they are mediocre if that. AND, for that price it's a RIP off. I'd still recommend going with a custom enclosure. BUT, if u have to u can always go with the thunderform unloaded enclosure. It's that box, but empty and cheaper since it doesn't come w/ the subs. Then u can buy ur own subs which would be much better...but u still have to worry about the very shallow mounting depth in the htunderforms. SO, since u have the money...i'd definetly go w/ a custom installation. More options and flexibility and of course more performance! peace

NG

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.