Bought two used subwoofers with enclosure, 2 different subs

Chris_A
10+ year member

You guys are gonna love this. I purchased two rockford fosgate P2 12 inch subs off of craigslist. I took the subs out of the enclosure to find out they are different subwoofers. One is a P212D2, Dual 2 ohm 250 watts RMS and the other is a P212S4, Single 4 ohm 200 watts RMS. There is nothing i can do with these except buy one more sub that matches either one right? He says he used them together but wouldnt that damage the subs? They are different ratings on ohms and voice coils.

You guys are gonna love this. I purchased two rockford fosgate P2 12 inch subs off of craigslist. I took the subs out of the enclosure to find out they are different subwoofers. One is a P212D2, Dual 2 ohm 250 watts RMS and the other is a P212S4, Single 4 ohm 200 watts RMS. There is nothing i can do with these except buy one more sub that matches either one right? He says he used them together but wouldnt that damage the subs? They are different ratings on ohms and voice coils.
it can work, but do not wire the one in series, as the vc will all see different voltages.

the only way to wire this is to have them all in parralel it will not damage the vcs. and both woofers will see the same power in the end.

it can work, but do not wire the one in series, as the vc will all see different voltages.
the only way to wire this is to have them all in parralel it will not damage the vcs. and both woofers will see the same power in the end.
Should i wire them in parallel and try it or should i buy another sub to match the dual vcs and just use those two?

you couldnt tell they were different when you got them???

but ya no damage done to the woofers really made priority make sure your amp is seing a compatible lload

you couldnt tell they were different when you got them???
but ya no damage done to the woofers really made priority make sure your amp is seing a compatible lload
No when i bought them, they were in an enclosure and look the same on the outside. I took them apart after i bought them. Any ideas on where to buy another P212d2 250 watt RMS to match my other one? They are discontinued and i cant find them online. Maybe i should just sell them and buy a new sub/enclosure combo

He still would need to wire the dvc one up to 4 ohms THEN parallel it to the single 4 ohm one.....unless I'm missing something in the OP
But I still think I'd sell one and make em match.
if you actually do the equation the 2 2ohm vcs will see more power than the 4 ohm vc.

if you actually do the equation the 2 2ohm vcs will see more power than the 4 ohm vc.
I'm not following.... on the dvc sub, 2+2= 4 ohms-----------> paralleled to the already single 4 ohm sub....would result in 2 ohms final....and equal power to both subs since they're each at 4 ohms individually...

I will post pics in the morning, but i think im just gonna sell them and buy a new pair of subs. Ill be taking a loss on them but i dont want to bother with these. Thanks for the help

Post pics of them. They most likely have been discontinued so it will be hard to find another to match.
not when it comes to the rockford p series they are so abundance and common...it wont b too hard if he just looks

but strange i thought only p1s were single coil...and i didnt know there were dual and single coil variations of the exact same looking subs much less same model...ive always thought they all were the same in the areas they were in

so news to me

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.