Boss CAP3.5S

BigMan305
10+ year member

florida
hi am thinking of getting a Boss CAP3.5S http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_13128_Boss-CAP3.5S-SILVER.html for my car amp my amp is pushing 1200 volt @ 1 ohm and am haveing dimming light problem on my car would a 3.5 cap be enough if am not wrong a 3.5 cap is for amp upto 3500 watts also i wanted to ask i have never install a cap myself befor the way am thinking of doing is connecting the power and ground wires that hook up right now to the amp to the cap then adding two more small power and ground 4 gauge wire from cap to the amp would this be the right way to do it

The cap will more than likely not solve anything. Make sure you are using proper sized wire, have good and proper contacts(power/ground), do "the big 3" then if they still dim add a battery or go for a bigger alt. Pretty much that order others will chime in I'm sure. What amp are you running?

I'd stay farrrr away from anything with the label "Boss" on it. Pretty much everything they have is garbage and you'd get more entertainment out of burning your money bill by bill. Don't dabble with capacitors, they don't help your system at all. You need to upgrade your electrical, try "The Big 3" and beefier wiring, if that still doesn't work it's time for a new alt/battery.

thanks am thinking of doing a big 3 then and useing 0g wire would this then fix the dimming light problem on my car also the bass drops on me sometime it weakness down will this also help the big 3 and 0g wire caues i was told that adding a cap and a second battery in the trunk would help something like this here

2j1x53l.jpg

The cap will basically do nothing. The battery in the back is what will make a difference. No cap, get the battery. Have you upgraded your battery up front? Do that first.

yeah man listen to these people, I did the big three on my car and thankfully already had a batt in the front that was more than enough nut still threw in a yellow top in the back to help out, the bug three, DO IT! it might be pretty easy in your vehicle, I had a b**ch time doing it on my car because everything was so tight and alt was in the bottom of the engine but it was done and had no dimming lights what so ever man. And yes, everyone here is right, the caps are useless, if someone from a audio shop told you that you needed a cap they're trying to take your money quick, use that money on a battery even if its a small one like a duralast from autozone that will do the trick

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.