Boss BV6450 - AAC?

Participant count
  • Participant list
I see where you're coming from but Boss is very low end equipment. I'd look at pioneer, kenwood, alpine and theres a few others. Look around a little more.

I see where you're coming from but Boss is very low end equipment. I'd look at pioneer, kenwood, alpine and theres a few others. Look around a little more.
Believe me, I looked. The only others that comes close are Jensen 8000 and 9000's, but they have flip out screens that may not be compatible with my slot.

What exactly do you mean by low end? I'm replacing my OEM deck and have OEM speakers installed. I'm not exactly looking for something fancy. I just like to have different options for inputs.

Boss is cheap, it lacks construction quality, output quality and reliability that all the other brands have, hence the cheap price. You get what you pay for. But if you want it, try it out.

This unit is only $100.
To get the same functions out of an Alpine, I would have to spend more like $1000
if you were to try to make a boss head unit sound as good or last as long as an alpine you would have to spend like $1000

if you were to try to make a boss head unit sound as good or last as long as an alpine you would have to spend like $1000
Like I said ... not looking for home theatre quality sound here. No point driving OEM speakers with an Alpine deck. If it plays music, it's good enough for me. If the construction only lasts 2 years, that OK too (for $100). By that time, there will be something better on the market anyways. $200 is my limit.

That deck is most likely a downgrade from stock.

There is NOT A CHANCE IN HELL it plays .aac files. If a $1000 Pioneer deck doesnt, this sure as heck wont.

As for quality... Imagine a person buying APC Racing stuff from Walmart for their race car... Except Boss is worse.

That deck is most likely a downgrade from stock.
There is NOT A CHANCE IN HELL it plays .aac files. If a $1000 Pioneer deck doesnt, this sure as heck wont.

As for quality... Imagine a person buying APC Racing stuff from Walmart for their race car... Except Boss is worse.
That's not quite true. Most Pioneer decks play AAC. All the way down to the $159 one. But it only plays CD's and USB.

I don't know what APC is, but I don't drive a race car (or the audio equivalent?). Something from Walmart would probably be good for me.

In fact, I saw the aformentioned Jensen 8013 for $199. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

If you joined this forum for advice then why wont you listen to what we say. That deck is trash. Jensen isnt much better but it is an improvement. If you want to waste your money and be unsatisfied then go ahead but we are trying to prevent that.

If you joined this forum for advice then why wont you listen to what we say. That deck is trash. Jensen isnt much better but it is an improvement. If you want to waste your money and be unsatisfied then go ahead but we are trying to prevent that.
I joined this forum to find out if the Boss BV6450 plays AAC music.

I appreciate your advice, but I have yet to find another stereo that does all the things this one does, for under $200.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.