blown door speaker need advice on new ones

Participant count
  • Participant list

bullshit8421

I recently blew the tweeter in my rear drivers side door speaker and they are coaxial speakers so i can't just replace the tweeter. Should i just cut the connection of the tweeter so i don't here the rattling noise it makes (I do have good highs) or should I invest in a new set of rear door speakers?

I did use an Ohm meter on the speaker to make sure its not blow and it still reads 3.8 ohms so i know its not the problem.

I agree with jboy, disconnect the pair or the sound will be a bit off depending on how you have the speakers adjusted.

If the tweeter if blown the speaker needs replacing so it will do no harm to clip the connection to the tweeter and give it a try...it would be interesting to see how one disconnected rear door tweeter affects, or doesn't, the overall sound. If it sounds bad disconnect the rear pair.

I just snipped the tweeter. Figured it's already broke so it cannot harm anything in the mean time and at least it will get the annoying rattling noise out of my music. I might be investing in some new coaxial speakers soon. My amp is the Power Acoustik GT5-2500 (RMS@4Ω 100W x 4CH + 480W x 1CH)

I have the fifth channel vacant now. Anyone know some good, reasonable priced coaxial speakers that will go good with this amp???

My current ones that the tweeter blew are the Alpine SPS-510 and i've had many problems with Alpine speaker/sub products so looking for a new hopefully better company to fall in love with.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.