Blown Kicker CWRT10

Participant count
  • Participant list

matslp488

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello just noticed I don’t get power to one of my kicker sub.. only when I press down on it… I’m guessing this one is done… is there someone that repairs these?? I’m thinking a blown voice coil, or am I better off getting a new one?? Thanks all

Yeah it’s junk pretty much.

If the cone moves freely without the coil rubbing (but sounds okay when pressing on the cone and it is playing), might be a bad tinsel lead or solder / crimp connection under the dust cap. Not a simple repair on a sub like the kicker. Could carefully dissect it, but not a simple task if unfamiliar with such a project, and likely have to actually cut into the dust cap to access it with the cone design.

Otherwise, yeah it could very likely be blown as well. Take it out of the box, inspect the wiring / terminals / tinsels, but probably not much hope for it.

Hello just noticed I don’t get power to one of my kicker sub.. only when I press down on it… I’m guessing this one is done… is there someone that repairs these?? I’m thinking a blown voice coil, or am I better off getting a new one?? Thanks all
What amp and Ohm load are you running? What are the dimensions of the enclosure? sealed or ported?Tuned too? You may be better off buying a pair of new subs for the Money. Is that sub a DVC4 ohm sub or a DVC2?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...