Bigrick31's 00 CVPI build

i bet all those crown vics that are modded in that pic are just plain simple cop magnets
i highly doubt the black one gets driven much mostly trailered. it has a lot of police gear on it that would land them straight in jail for impersonating an officer.

So i just talked to a budy of mine the guru of all that is ford lol and i thing the first thing i will be doing to this car will go something like this.

d6c8_3.jpg

a super charged cobra mustang motor its a 4.6l motor as well except its a 4 valve where my motor is a 2 valve they guy said if i swap the motor in(which this motor will bolt right up in my car as its almost the same motor) that he will wire it up for me. ill also get teh 6 speed tranny for it. i figured it would be easier to swap in the motor and then do the air ride and not in the reverse order.

yea i just called the insurance today to come take a look at my truck and hopefully it will get totaled out in the next week or so then i can use the money i get back from it to buy new motor for my car. after the swap will be the air ride then all the exterior body mods and paint then ill finish up on the interior.

Thats a nice motor for a Ford.
lol yea i know. im already swearing at the car. did you know in order to change out your headlights they have to be adjusted by a qualified technician! its BS my chevy has like 3 bolts that hold it in the ford has 3 adjustable bolts that if not properly adjusted the headlights will shine all over the place. ive spent about an hour just tweaking them so far i got it to where my high beams are how my low beams should be im leaving it like that until i stop being stubborn and take it in for adjustment. but yea the cobra 4.6 is a nice motor i was riding in my friends cobra last night the thing is quite fast sitting at around 400hp.

so how long are you thinking til engines and bags are done?
motor should be coming in the next month or so and well go from there just waiting on my truck to be totaled. The crown vic will now be visiting a shop soon as well i was just read ended in it on my way to work today. looks like the front and rear bumper and push bar will need to be replaced im also having electrical issues my dash lights and headlights will randomly turn on and off rapidly for a few minutes and then stop. so well see what happens but i have to go to a doctor because my back is killing me

that is EXACTLY what I was thinking when I first asked about engine mods lol. Get some pulleys for it full exhaust, cold air, and a good dyno tune and you should be putting down 500-550 at the wheels. My friend in Florida has his car putting down a little over 600 at the wheels now with his new Kenne Bell setup. The thing sure is a blast to drive. The bottom end in those motors can support up to and over 25psi of boost, and the scream of the blower is just ridiculous.

Much more interested in where this build is going now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif

You my friend are having some bad luck. 

Get over that quick and get back to normal.

on the contrary its quite good luck! you see my truck being totaled means i now have less financial responsibility leaving me more money to play with on the new project. and getting rear ended yesterday well that gets me a new rear bumper mine was fubar anyways plus new front bumper and push bars (i may be able to get a different style of push bars as well) not to mention i had to have my headlights correctly adjusted and now they will be so ill be getting a few things that i needed to get done anyways done for free now! so sure my back hurts a bit but the doc said its just muscle strain and i will be fine plus they gave me lots of vikadin to help:veryhapp: but in the end ill come out ahead.

lol..... ok, thats one way to look at it.

BTW, I have a bottle of vikatin also. I have to get my gall bladder removed soon so it takes the pain away till then...lol.

i highly doubt the black one gets driven much mostly trailered. it has a lot of police gear on it that would land them straight in jail for impersonating an officer.
I'm pretty sure it's not at all illegal to have a brush guard and search lamps on your Crown Vic.

Same with strobes, a light bar, etc. As long as they're not used on the road for all they know you need them because you're a first responder.

About the only thing I can think of that'd get you in trouble would probably be police graphics on the side, like "city police department, etc".

I'd be pretty pissy if a real cop tried to ticket me for driver a Vic' that looked like a police car.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.