Bigrick31 silverado box construction log

Picture073-1.jpg

2 8 ga wires for my sub just drilled a small hole stuffed the wire in and liquid nail behind them. THATS HOW I ROLL!

Picture074-1.jpg

threw the box in. bolted it down wired everything up screwed in the sub then i was off to a park and ride to tune the beast! i know looks hella crappy wires hanging all over the place in all. it got dark out and couldnt really see any longer plus i got to excited to hear the darn thing! it will get cleaned up either tomorrow or Tuesday. thats how im rolling the truck to the show on Wednesday up in oregon well with my back seat in of coarse. but carpet and paint will come later. the whole box is getting carpet except for the area i fiberglassed to hold the woofer ring in that will be painted the same color of my truck.

I would have gone with much more port area, especially since that's not a real flare. You will probably have a good amount of port noise around tuning at full tilt.
well i guess well see but i went out last night and played around with it for about 30 min tuning the thing and trying out different songs and i had no problem with port noise.

those are toilet flanges. i also would of went w/ more port areaso hows it sound?
not the loudest thing ive ever heard but it definitely hits hard. Im really impressed with the sq of it. one of the best i have ever heard!

take a power sander to that thing!
but looks great.
i got an electric DA FTW!!!!! the finish work will wait until after the show i have coming up. id rather roll with beat for the 10 hour drive than have a pretty box with no beat. oh and i am considering adding in another sub later on since i happen to have such a huge box. but for now i absolutely love the sq of this thing!!!

Picture075-1.jpg

so here i took 2 pieces of 2x2x8 box tubing and welded them together to raise one side of my rear seat. i then drilled and tapped 2 1.75mm holes for my seat bracket to bolt to

Picture076-1.jpg

Picture077-1.jpg

the other side of the seat i cut off most of the bracket

Picture078-1.jpg

here i welded a flat piece of metal to the chopped off bracket so bolt to the speaker box itself which is bolted to the floor of my cab.

i will clean those up later as well probably carpet the 4x2x8 bracket i maybe and paint he other side to batch the stock seat bracket. i have just run out of time as we are leaving for the show tomorrow after work.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.