Bigrick31 silverado box construction log

Picture059-1.jpg

make sure the sub fits MOST IMPORTANT!!!!

so my box is 4.824^3ft frigin huge!!!!!! well the sub displaces .9 cu ft so im down to 3.924 and then port area as well. just gotta calculate my ports now.

might be late. but Kitty Hair would have been better to fill the gaps then using the fleece
yea im going to lay that over the top of the fleece. some of the gaps were kinda big thats why i went with fleece first and i didnt feel like messing with fiberglass at that moment either. lol.

so if anyone is board and wants to give me port dimensions useing either 3 or 4" pvc to tune my box to 35hz that would be kick @ss!

Two 4" PVC ports with each of them being 12.5" long will give you a 35hz tuning frequency and a net volume of about 3.6 cubic feet. Three 4" ports each being 21" long will give you a 35hz tuning and a 3.4 net box volume.

Is this for a single 10"? If so, it's going to be way too big.

one single 12 and and im going with 2 3" ports with a flare 5.52" long that should give me 35hz at the 4.634^3ft of space i have my sub only displace .19 not .9 like i mis read

so heres what we got today

Picture068-1.jpg

this is where i planned for the stock bolts of the truck the ones that usually hold dont the seat to come in through the speaker box. as you can see i took a piece of wood for the bolts to go through and then using wooden dowels i hot glued the piece to my box to figure out the depth of the wooden bracket.

Picture069-1.jpg

here i covered the bracket with fiberglass

Picture067-1.jpg

laying out my ports. got some nifty stuff from the hardware store to make my ports out of

Picture070-1.jpg

so i went to the plumbing section of the hardware store to find some pipe to use for my ports. i cant remember what the stuff is called its black tubing not pvc well anyways as i was heading out i noticed the plugs used to mount in floors so the description said and i really liked the shinny blue ring on them so i decided i would use them as the flare end for my ports making them much easier to attach to my box.

Picture071-1.jpg

here i cut the tubing and inserted into the plugs the measure 5.52" long and have a 3" inner diameter.

Picture072-1.jpg

and here i sealed everything up with liquid nails for one to hold everything together and two to stop any air leaks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.