Bigrick31 silverado box construction log

ok 3rd layer is done!!!! ive gone through 1.25 gallons of resin already and close to 50sq ft of mat. ill have to stock up when i get ready to add the mdf ring in. and i guess ill use some cheese cloth to get the beginning shape. so just one more layer on the inside and that should be good and sturdy!!!

Picture040-1.jpg

1" mdf ring 2 layers thick for a flush look.

Picture041.jpg

box out of the truck

Picture042-1.jpg

Picture043.jpg

mock up of how the sub will sit

Picture044-2.jpg

laid the final layer of fiberglass to the inside. had my girlfriend step on the bottom of the box to make sure it wouldn't crack.

a lot of the flece will be cut back and the dowls removed to make way for the top of the box. looks a little rough right now but it will get cleaned up later.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.