Bigrick31 silverado box construction log

good call on the back seat. I raised my friends 4" with C channel steel. Really simple but If i can get some 3" after the box is built we might move it down. How tall is your box you are making. The one i am in the process of is 12" front, 11" back. 54" wide. 14" deep. And it comes out to around 3.5-3.8cu ft. Were deciding on subs and port right now.

I'm working on a very similar project, my friend has his heart set on 4 12's under the back seat. Trouble no worries about what kind of subs or whatever. So kinda thinking after this box is built can build a new one to fit some better stuff. Also fiberglass is the only way to go. The box we built is 100% mdf so far lol, so it was quite interesting test fitting and cutting to try and maximize the space under those seats. Planning on only listing it about 2" Good luck on finishing up, definitly going to be following this build.

I'm working on a very similar project, my friend has his heart set on 4 12's under the back
there will never be enough air space for 4 12's unless you lift the seat....

out of the truck.

come on bigrick, i know you have some kinda progress:naughty: lets see some more pics...

there will never be enough air space for 4 12's unless you lift the seat....
out of the truck.

come on bigrick, i know you have some kinda progress:naughty: lets see some more pics...
Yea its very limited, honestly I'm pretty skeptical as to how it will sound but we got 2 upfiring subs and 2 downfiring with about 0.7 net per sub and mounting depth of 5.5" Need to lift the seat at least 2 inches to make it fit. Probably will try and make a different box after with a little more seat lift. Or drop down to 2 better or 1 much better sub.

Anxiously awaiting progress on this box, lookin good so far:)

actually i had to hold construction of the box because i just bagged the front of my truck. so that took presidencies over the box as i couldn't use my truck during that time. but now tis finished so i can get back to work on the box. im hella stoked to hear my new sub!

Picture046-1.jpg
Picture047-1.jpg

fleece stretched over the mdf ring

Picture048-1.jpg

Picture049-1.jpg

resin applied to the fleece

Nice work so far //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I know it's a little late for this suggestion . But next time make a dato cut on the flat face of the enclosure . Then staple your fleece in the dato . Makes smoothing the transition between mdf and glass so much simpler and easier //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Nice work so far //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I know it's a little late for this suggestion . But next time make a dato cut on the flat face of the enclosure . Then staple your fleece in the dato . Makes smoothing the transition between mdf and glass so much simpler and easier //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
thats a good idea. i'm gonna have to remember that one.

so sorry my mother board took a cr@p took me a bit to replace it. well here is my progress on the box havnt quite finished it between work and bagging my truck

Picture052-1.jpg

Picture052-2.jpg

Picture053-1.jpg

Picture054-1.jpg

so here i cleaned everything up with a grinder and cut the hoe in the box for my rear seat bolts to come through the box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.