Big 3 upgrade on magnum

Participant count
  • Participant list
Haha I might have to try that. I'm waiting on all my Knukonceptz wire to come in, wouldn't mind using it all up.
I have 2 runs pos / 2 neg. Voltage drops at lowest to 13.3-13.4 while driving with stock alt but 4 batteries. I still did the same thing in my F150 with 2 batteries and stock and it still worked well.

I have 2 runs pos / 2 neg. Voltage drops at lowest to 13.3-13.4 while driving with stock alt but 4 batteries. I still did the same thing in my F150 with 2 batteries and stock and it still worked well.
That's really good considering what you're running, plus you have your stock alternator still in. I might get another battery if I get too much voltage drop. I'm going to be running between 1.5-1.7k RMS, I just can't decide on a subwoofer and amplifier.

That's really good considering what you're running, plus you have your stock alternator still in. I might get another battery if I get too much voltage drop. I'm going to be running between 1.5-1.7k RMS, I just can't decide on a subwoofer and amplifier.
I failed to mention my stock alts charges at about 13.8v while driving, so I'm not dropping that far.

But regardless of how much power you are running (if it's big enough to require 4 gauge or larger wire), IMO you should run separate ground/power wires from the front battery.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.