Amplifier upgrade, big 3 and eld questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

Gh0st

CarAudio.com Newbie
Texas
For a 2012 civic Si:
Currently have a JL JD500/1 running (2) 10w3v3-4 subs with no problems. upgrading amplifier to a JL RD1000/1, my car has an ELD sensor for voltage regulation based on the car’s current needs (fans, headlights, etc.) so I do not get a constant 14, if I am driving without headlights and A/C it could be anywhere from 12.5 or so to 14. My question is will the cars factory electronics (battery and alternator) run the amp alright (after big 3 and 4awg amp wiring)? Also this is the only amp I have installed, not planning on going any larger with power after the rd1000/1…Any help would be appreciated.

What kind of car is it? I think you should be fine. Are you using 4 awg for your big 3 since thats all you are planning on using for amps?
2012 Civic Si, and yes 4awg, didn’t see a need to go 0/1 since I’m only installing the mono D amp the subs, anything further would require flashpro, HO alt, and probably a bigger or second battery. The ELD voltage regulator makes sense (I guess) if you’re a casual daily driver, but not if you’re going for mods that require power.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...