Big 3 upgrade on magnum

Participant count
  • Participant list
Should be easy. I've seen the hood popped on some chargers and it looks pretty straight forward from what i can remember.

my car was so easy to do big 3 on. I could have done it in 3rd grade.

Mercury Grand Marquis.

battery to factory ground = 4 inches.

alternator to battery = 1.7feet

engine to factory frame ground = 9 inches

The big three for them goes like this.

1. You usually do Battery positive to alternator, but there's already 1/0 gauge there so there's no reason to upgrade.

2. The battery negative to ground. All you need for this is 12' of good 0/1 wire and a new battery terminal.

3. Shock tower to the bell housing (by the engine bay.) It took me forever to find this, you'll need just 24' of 0/1 gauge wire for this. It's down in a tight space, so patience is important.

When I get all my wires in within the next few days I'm probably going to do a write up over at LXforums.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.