Big 3 upgrade for hyundai sonata

Participant count
  • Participant list
Yeah I noticed I can connect wiring using same areas. I do believe this **** car has factory big 3 but 4ga wiring. Alternator to pos battery, battery neg to chassis, and chassis to engine block. Should be just swapping out grounds. The alternator to battery i will leave and just add my wire to the same bolts.

So @mylows10 power wire will be 5.5 ft.

Yeah I noticed I can connect wiring using same areas. I do believe this **** car has factory big 3 but 4ga wiring. Alternator to pos battery, battery neg to chassis, and chassis to engine block. Should be just swapping out grounds. The alternator to battery i will leave and just add my wire to the same bolts.
So @mylows10 power wire will be 5.5 ft.
You ALWAYS leave the wire, and just add more wire. Never remove the factory wiring.

Got my big 3 done today thanks to quick shipping and great kit from mylows10. More trouble than i wanted but alot less than i anticipated. With stock battery cables on hyundai sonata you need to have one connector either smaller or grind it down a bit to fit. 0 gauge wire from mylows is extremely flexible and easy to work with. Just thought I'd post an update.

Got my big 3 done today thanks to quick shipping and great kit from mylows10. More trouble than i wanted but alot less than i anticipated. With stock battery cables on hyundai sonata you need to have one connector either smaller or grind it down a bit to fit. 0 gauge wire from mylows is extremely flexible and easy to work with. Just thought I'd post an update.
glad you like it henry .i offer either crimped or soldered big 3 kits now

Pics of big 3

9gawia.jpg

2vwfygw.jpg

2zno5mg.jpg

2iar8dz.jpg

Yeah yeah, small power wire for amp. Ordering new wiring later today

I upgraded to a much larger amp and sub so not sure how it affected. Y old setup. But I have no problems at all with power here. No lights dimming with bass. Once i upgrade amp power wire i expect to see an improvement. Im suffering now from using 10gauge power wire from my initial install of a bazooka //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/blush.gif.99bc659ee2012b7d826165e26fb5eebe.gif

I upgraded to a much larger amp and sub so not sure how it affected. Y old setup. But I have no problems at all with power here. No lights dimming with bass. Once i upgrade amp power wire i expect to see an improvement. Im suffering now from using 10gauge power wire from my initial install of a bazooka //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/blush.gif.99bc659ee2012b7d826165e26fb5eebe.gif
I'm going to be running the two sundown's you saw. I spoke to a guy on the hyundai forums that's running about 1800 watts constantly with no dimming or anything. I hope I'll be alright.

Specs on my amp 2250 rms at 1 ohm. You should be fine. It helps that sonata has 110 stock alternator. Add big 3 and you should have no problems.
Now, order that cup holder mod and install it.

LED Cup Holder Lights Blue Lights Fits 2011 2013 Hyundai Sonata Cupholder | eBay
That makes me feel a little better now. Big 3 definitely coming soon. Haha I should. I wish the interior lights were red though. My 99 Bonneville had red lights and I loved it. I guess blue is nice too. lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.