Best / Worst companies list, add your thoughts!

i realize there is a ton of hate towards skar (kevin) but they have solid product. Most people have never touched their gear just hate them. The ivx might be one of the top budget woofers out, and the vvx is a very solid woofer. From what i understand the amps are legit also.
hds2.

I also, don't see why people hate if they haven't OWNED either. I guess word of mouth kills. Yet if there is visual proof who am I to blame

Kenwood, orion, and precision power are no where close to the category they are in. Mid range at best.
NVX is junk and is not good for the money just like Audiopipe was garbage.

CT sounds I would put in the avoid category right next to Sky High. CT Sounds is running their business like Skar audio and Sky High sells used equipment as new and has done so several times to try to skate by. Autotek should also be in this group.
I did what you suggested, as well as some others mentioned. I moved SHCA and CT down due to controversies. Some unacceptable business behavior was happening iirc.

Imo KnuKonceptz should be higher up. Great products. Great pricing. Great Customer Service. Honestly it's the best wiring company I've found and from now on I'll order everything from them. Wish they'd pack some fancy pre cut heat shrinks similar to SHCA.

Imo KnuKonceptz should be higher up. Great products. Great pricing. Great Customer Service. Honestly it's the best wiring company I've found and from now on I'll order everything from them. Wish they'd pack some fancy pre cut heat shrinks similar to SHCA.
Yeah that's a great point. I tried to leave my nut-hug-preferences out of it when making the list initially. They are my go-to for wire / rcas as well.

Kenwood and JVC are the same? I did not know that. I figured Kenwood was able to hold their own over the years, making just 'alright' stuff. I always associated JVC with cheap and low quality equipment. Should I move JVC up? Or Kenwood down? Or both?
Yeah my JVC says "JVC Kenwood" when it powers on.

Yeah that's a great point. I tried to leave my nut-hug-preferences out of it when making the list initially. They are my go-to for wire / rcas as well.
I got their Krystal RCAs and I love them. Had those skimpy feeling stinger ones before, hated those **** things and they looked like complete ****!

I like kenwood enough to put it on top I like the Garmin and the interface is user friendly. I think it's high priced though but if they now own JVC I may look into that next. JVC is cheaper than kenwood and brands are like trends if one is popular people buy it and that's that. I gotta feeling that JVC is underrated . I gotta check them out next time u see one .

One thing I notice here in the Chicago area is everyone jumps on the same wagon. Most of the cars out here have kickers and hifonics amps. So hifonics amps are very popular but they never caught my eye. I look at hifonics like upper end of the lower end amps, if that. Just my 2 cents... JVC has gone down quiet a bit in popularity but at one point back in the early 90s they were up there with kenwood and alpine. I don't know if the quality is low now adays or if it's under rated, some the HU's are nice looking but I won't be trying any out. I like my pioneer DD and if I move it might be Kenwood, I like the Garmin GPS.
Only the hood guys are running that junk. Come out to some shows and you'll see/hear real set ups.....

Only the hood guys are running that junk. Come out to some shows and you'll see/hear real set ups.....
I agree, people out here don't know how to tune amps or nothing it's all done by ear in the hoods. They're also not doing it to compete , they just wanna turn heads on the street, mainly female heads, lol.

Kenwood and JVC are the same? I did not know that. I figured Kenwood was able to hold their own over the years, making just 'alright' stuff. I always associated JVC with cheap and low quality equipment. Should I move JVC up? Or Kenwood down? Or both?
I don't know who owns what, but I've run a couple JVC head units in the last 4-5 years and they were both quite nice I thought. Considering how quick head units fail these days I'd say they're as good as any until you get into the ultra elite model lines, which I don't think they market under JVC brand name.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.