Best / Worst companies list, add your thoughts!

JVC makes great little stereos still. Basically a budgeted Kenwood stereo. I love my JVC stereo.

Lmao at all the Sky High hate. I'm willing to bet the majority of the people hating on them now are still running them...

As for Rockford, even their budget amps are real solid. My prime series is a very stout little amp.

I also find it hard to truly categorize the best companies. It depends on the tastes. Bang for your buck, SQ, SPL, SQL, etc. However your stay away from companies I agree with except for JVC.

EDIT: Also note that some of the Opti series from Lanzar are real solid amps.
Yea not running SHCA sorry. I stand by my word. You may have had a good experience but lots of people have had bad.

People should tell what they have ran and how they ran the stuff before they say what they think is solid.

Ex. I feel I have a opionion on cable because I have used Stinger, RF, Kicker, JL, Knu. I feel Knu was the best price to preformance ratio

No love for db drive //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif...

db drive should be in the good quality while there sister company quantum audio should be best bang for the buck

No love for db drive //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif...
db drive should be in the good quality while there sister company quantum audio should be best bang for the buck
DB drive has one good line and it's overpriced. The rest if overrated subpar stuff and quantum is right there with power acoustic.

One thing I notice here in the Chicago area is everyone jumps on the same wagon. Most of the cars out here have kickers and hifonics amps. So hifonics amps are very popular but they never caught my eye. I look at hifonics like upper end of the lower end amps, if that. Just my 2 cents... JVC has gone down quiet a bit in popularity but at one point back in the early 90s they were up there with kenwood and alpine. I don't know if the quality is low now adays or if it's under rated, some the HU's are nice looking but I won't be trying any out. I like my pioneer DD and if I move it might be Kenwood, I like the Garmin GPS.
It's not that they are trying to copy each other. Most people I know go to the flea market on division and all they got is that stuff

It's not that they are trying to copy each other. Most people I know go to the flea market on division and all they got is that stuff
Ha! you're obviously from Chicago. Yeah and their friends see it and they follow and the cycle continues. Since you know the flea market on Division, what do you think of POPS speakers? They've been around since I was a little kid over 25 years ago and they rocked back then. The older school west side know them real well. Heres a link for those who dont know:

this is undergrounds underground

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha! you're obviously from Chicago. Yeah and their friends see it and they follow and the cycle continues. Since you know the flea market on Division, what do you think of POPS speakers? They've been around since I was a little kid over 25 years ago and they rocked back then. The older school west side know them real well. Heres a link for those who dont know:

I'm not a fan of the subs. Two of my boys are running them with those piece of **** TS power amps the asian lady sells. The subs look good, but I know they are rebuilt versions of the ones that blew. The 6x9's are ok

I'm not a fan of the subs. Two of my boys are running them with those piece of **** TS power amps the asian lady sells. The subs look good, but I know they are rebuilt versions of the ones that blew. The 6x9's are ok
Kinda doubt their rebuilt from blown speakers. But who really knows?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.