best SQ sub for hatchback?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the best "sq" sub for a hatchback is the one that plays the octave or so well in your enclosure space you have. There are a few thousand to choose from take your pick //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

That would be my choice. I know of a guy who has one and might be willing to sell.
is that the 15" sub with the very nice cone/dustcap? if so.. those look like the sex. Never seen on in person sadly //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif.

Well from what you wrote it appears as if the SI mag v4 would be exactly what your looking for, it apparently is very accurate and gets pretty loud. From what i've read not as loud as the previous mags but it seems that that would not be a concern for you, not to mention that it is made specifically for a small sealed box. At $225 or whatever its going for shipped, id' say you cant go wrong with that

Well I think the reason he asked for what sounds best in a hatchback is that some subs have some mechanical noise that in the trunk of the car you will not notice but in a hatch you would. Out of all the subs I had personally my 12tc2+ woofers had the least distortion, and also I'd say the eclipse titanium as well, but think that may be a little more than what your looking for

I prefer JOMA brand subs with VBA. It's more sq-ery than most subs, especially in a hatchback.
the good thing about hatchbacks is that you won't need to worry about VBA too much and it can flow freely, unlike in a trunk, where the VBA can SQuish the the air and harm by-nines.

here's some visuals to help understand.

scan0003.jpg

scan0004.jpg

what's the budget?? Cabin gain can really effect the FR of a sub, so look into getting an EQ as well. Tuning and install is just as important as what sub your going to use.

my top picks(never actually heard these but i dirty myself just thinking about em)

Aura NS12-7 series or higher (or MR series the auto versions)

morel ultimo

hertz mille

more reasonable($wise) suggestions:

Arc Audio ARC series (lovin mine, slightly similar to IDQv2)

RSD and RSDc

DIYMA

and others mentioned.

Cabin gain can really effect the FR of a sub, so look into getting an EQ as well.
Stop making sense! We'll have none of that.

Now, get a 12w7 and call it a day. I read it has the best SQ you can get. I read this on the intraweb, thus it's the truth.

A good company to look into is RE audio they make some of the best subs on the market for SQ and SPL....i have been really considering getting one myself i have a power acoustik Fubr-15 right now....rickies discount electronics has a 12" RE Audio SE12D4 12" 600W RMS Dual 4 Ohm Voice Coil SE Series Sub on sale for $99 and they are usually over $169......

everyone else is like at least $150 for the subwoofers..

http://www.rickiesdiscountelectronics.com/re-audio-se12d4-12-600w-rms-dual-4-ohm-voice-coil-se-series-sub-16508.html

is that the 15" sub with the very nice cone/dustcap? if so.. those look like the sex. Never seen on in person sadly //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif.
I believe there are two versions, one with the green colored dust cap, or at least it looks green but changes color, and another with the flat black cone. I'm almost positive they are the same except the cone and dust cap is different. But I agree, the colored one looks way sex, from the pictures I've seen.

I would have to plug the SI Mag V4 also. It hasn't been out for very long to build its reputation yet, but its most certainly an all out SQ sub. I have a pair in my truck and its the first time for SQ subs and its certainly a whole different world. I have bass but no subs is best way to describe the sound. A pair will give some pretty good output, still not SPL style but its crystal clear right up to the top voume which is a whole nother world least for me.
I would look at

SI Mag V4

IDQ v3

JBL WGTi

Dayton Ref HO

and JL Audio W6

x2

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.