Best Shallow Mount speakers for SPL?

I don’t think there was any bullying going on when it was stated shallow mount does not equal SPL. He was speaking the truth. Shallow mounts aren’t made to get loud. They are made for applications that can’t support the space and depth required. They will give some thump for sure but not stupid loud bass that rattled the panels.

I have used the skar vd 15 in a single cab ported. It beat pretty good for a budget system
I was trying to trigger the usual thread response... you know... lol
I do agree with you however... a single 15 or pair of VD-12's in a single cab... designed correctly would do well.
Enclosure is everything... not cramming subs in the available space.

Last edited:
I was trying to trigger the usual thread response... you know... lol
I do agree with you however... a single or pair of VD-12's in a single cab... designed correctly would do well.
Enclosure is everything... not cramming subs in the available space.

Lol I hear ya. Personally have had no issues with the little bit of skar I have used.

To the OP. I have done 4 rockford P2 10s on a 1500 in a single cab, they slammed. Probably the loudest single cab I have heard that didnt have a bed cut.
Next best was 4 jl w1 10s on a 1k and it was pretty good.

Plenty of 2 10 and 2 12 single cab sub boxes...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.