Best place to buy bank o caps?

Participant count
  • Participant list
will do, itll be a while though. if i get familiar with solidworks ill see if i can make a model or something
You use solidworks??? I literally just turned in a solidworks assignment at 1:00 this morning.

Some times I feel like google sketchup is better, but there are better technical features in solidworks.

There's a machine shop on campus I'll have access to in a year or two. You can submit CAD files and they'll make the parts for you at cost. I take a class later on where we do prototyping.

You use solidworks??? I literally just turned in a solidworks assignment at 1:00 this morning.
Some times I feel like google sketchup is better, but there are better technical features in solidworks.

There's a machine shop on campus I'll have access to in a year or two. You can submit CAD files and they'll make the parts for you at cost. I take a class later on where we do prototyping.
i havent had time to learn it but if its anything like sketch up it'll be easy. i have a coworker that works with it pretty regularly

ill ask my coworker if alumni have access to the service

i havent had time to learn it but if its anything like sketch up it'll be easy. i have a coworker that works with it pretty regularly
ill ask my coworker if alumni have access to the service
I takes some getting used to. It's not like sketchup at all //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rotflol.gif.b453361716769b8110ddefc85ff03cd2.gif

Not even close....... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

I takes some getting used to. It's not like sketchup at all //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rotflol.gif.b453361716769b8110ddefc85ff03cd2.gif
Not even close....... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
i don't think it's as hard as you think lol its not like ive never looked at it i just havent designed anything in it

i don't think it's as hard as you think lol its not like ive never looked at it i just havent designed anything in it
You have to select a plane for each edit. Your addition can't leave the plane. You have to create a "new sketch" every time you don't want something to be joined by code. If you don't and you mess up one small piece, you have to delete the whole "sketch". Manipulating the viewing angle is stupidly complicated and touchy. You have to "define" a certain amount of measured values on each figure, but you can't define too many. Otherwise you'll get an "undefined" or "overdefined" error. Also, you can set the dimensions of a shape, and the program will change them to "help fit" if you draw something else similar in the same file. Or if two things are touching and not "fully defined", they'll both get fucked up if the program tries to auto fit anything else. Also, once you save it won't let you undo anything. Let me know what you think.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.